Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Big Hitler's bust

Article about: Hi all..iìll appreciate your opinion on this big Hitler's bust (35 x 20 cm) marked W. Wolff 33 and Guss. M. Sperlich, i see some bubbles up to the eyes

Of course, let's not twist or confuse the "issue" with semantics here --- my comment AND the OP post was obviously in reference to signs of a re-cast, or a cast of an original cast... if you will. These pockmarks (not saying all) are, to me, signs of poor storage where the verdigris has been cleaned out for the most part.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Big Hitler's bust
    P
    Many

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Of course, let's not twist or confuse the "issue" with semantics here --- my comment AND the OP post was obviously in reference to signs of a re-cast, or a cast of an original cast... if you will. These pockmarks (not saying all) are, to me, signs of poor storage where the verdigris has been cleaned out for the most part.
    Yes of course, I understand what you were referring to now, its a nice piece

Glad we cleared that one up -- and, thank you... it is indeed a very nicely rendered piece! It is very hard to find busts from this particular artist as well. From what I've gathered these were commissioned pieces, with this one being #16.
    It is one of the most true to nature depictions of Hitler out there, in my opinion. No polish or smoothing out of his rough features such as often seen in other more idealized pieces, yet artistically and professionally rendered. Obviously the work of a gifted artist.

Here's a piece of rare period documentation of Wolff's Hitler bust depicted on the cover of the Münchner Lesebogen

Big Hitler's bust

?

Whats the asking price? What are the weight and size?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Whats the asking price? What are the weight and size?
    Forum rules will not allow this to be answered on this thread unless the item is listed in our for sale section.
    A very nice period original item.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Looks like a very nice quality piece to me.

?

Looks like this is now for sale on the WAF forum-
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

and has been for awhile...

The majority of collectors out there do not know how to distinguish between one Hitler bust to the next in many cases in terms of artist and desirability. Most often they buy what they like and pay no matter to information, which is o.k since there is not much information out there and these are generally accent pieces. Plopping a Wolff on a venue such as e-stand is not really an advantage, plopping anything on e-stand in this market is not advantageous as the market is soft for most items. This bust aside from a little conditional question is a state commissioned bust which is numbered and foundry marked and a rare bust. They are a royal pain in the ass to ship, require the right information in the listings, and need the right venue. So, its a market that appeals to a select group as there are those that will not even display a Hitler head, and then you have to know whats what with which artist and why its a premium piece or a total dog. Its a rare bust and priced fairly, base is easy but the right guy needs to see it.

I have made a good spot because the bust has been sold...happy to see it :-))

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast