Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

BIG Nazi Steel Key????

Article about: Thanks for that link odal... Gwar

True, but then again, it Is cast iron, so perhaps it was deliberately meant to look primitive-which would be in keeping with the Nazi's "connecting to the past" mentality...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BIG Nazi Steel Key????
    P
    Many

Anymore news on this item?

?

Negative....

Quote by Duff View Post
    Negative....
    BIG Nazi Steel Key????
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Classy Ned... Slow Clap.................................

I am late to the dance so have little to add. This is likely a one of a kind piece and without definitive provenance, it's original purpose will likely never be known. I do like the honor key theory and believe this piece to of the 3rd Reich era.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Your experience and knowledge are much appreciated Mr. Coleman. Although, you are correct - unless more can be "found out", this key is a "mystery." I hope to help this cause and appreciate any help from the Forum!...... Part of why we enjoy this hobby - is the history! Hopefully - we can prove the history for this key!

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I am late to the dance so have little to add. This is likely a one of a kind piece and without definitive provenance, it's original purpose will likely never be known. I do like the honor key theory and believe this piece to of the 3rd Reich era.
    Bob,

In the past " Honor Keys " have been relatively distinct in construction and material, they can be grandiose or not so much so. This key defies any honor key I have ever seen and it may well be one piece of steel, but I am betting two pieces. If that is one piece? that would be a job to say the least but may not indicate an honor key or even just one. Its a gate key and it opened a lock and it would be easier just to cast an honor key as in centuries past than to do this. Presentations or honor pieces in many cases have the shortcuts, ain't no shortcut on this thing and that is work.

Either way, no sense in beating the topic. I cannot rule out an honor piece but the German's are a logical people and as an honor key this defies logic. I do appreciate you commenting though and now I don't feel so much like a leper.

Hi Duff, All I have to add to this thread is that the key "eagle" seems to probably be a Luftwaffe Eagle, I have looked around to find another eagle the same and the only period example that I can find that is similar to your Key Eagle is this Luftwaffe example, Best Regards, Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BIG Nazi Steel Key????  

Let me give some insight as a locksmith,
    The mentioned key is not for a house/office door lock.

The key is not cut for working a door lever/mortice lock, if it were to work in a lock it would be suited to a furniture lock on a draw or cupboard or fancy case or box , something like that.

But saying that the size is large and would be way too big for a furniture type lock.

So I am guessing its a presentation piece/ key to the city , and no real use as a key.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast