MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

BIG Nazi Steel Key????

Article about: Thanks for that link odal... Gwar

?

Holy Cow! I really appreciate all the comments! First off - I have (we) no idea what this bad boy was for... Used, carried, presentation - NO knowledge... I know it was picked up in Seattle, WA. The original seller called my Grandpa and sold him the key 30+ years ago. The thing Im looking for is "pictures" or possible documentation.. That is why I posted it - as we also have no idea about the origin of this said key.

Of course people will say its a fantasy piece - because yes - its not often something like this shows up... I have never seen another and have spent MASSIVE time researching via the web on possible look-a-likes... Found NOTHING....

I also posted it here - because its a great mystery piece that has brought much "thought." Something of which I thought could benefit the members here...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BIG Nazi Steel Key????
    P
    Many

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Everyone is "guessing" ss because on the chart it's stated there's a ss shape on the eagle, not because it's iron.
    Its not really an SS eagle, it could be but it could also not be. Its not the standard SS eagle. The iron was big with the SS and the paper in the beginning of the thread mentions some script or runics and that will in many cases lead to the SS but would not have to be. Pictures are not good enough but the diagram gives clues that it might be SS. If it had the straight up SS eagle my guard might be up a bit more. Apparently it has Hagel runes, SS used the Hagel quite a bit.

The eagle doesn't appear to be of the ss style at all to me. I was only going on what the OP stated on his chart. Thought I might be missing something due to the poor quality of the photographs.
    For below;
    Walkwolf, it does look like a parrot!!

Lol, looks like a parrot to me ! Resembles an Imperial
    eagle without a crown, if anything. One thing for
    sure - it is a curiosity.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

The document writing is from my grandpa - he wrote it. He is not trying to say its an eagle belonging to the "SS, Luft, or Heer." Just observations.

Pictures are not great - I did not take them - BUT I will be seriously photographing this thing when I go home for Thanksgiving in a couple weeks. It could be for ANYTHING, that is why I posted it. item of note is the "key" end looks to be a "3." Possible purposeful intent, implying there is a "1" or a "2" or the number 3 gate? Who knows.....

I mentioned holster as a "possible." The dang key is pretty big, and lugging it around in a pocket wouldn't happen...

Once again - I appreciate the comments and knowledge.

Duff

The one, two, and three theory of different gates is a little far fetch for myself, but it appears many members like your key. Regardless of what it really is, at least you've got that as such is half the battle.
    Good luck on your search for period evidence. I officially bow out as any other post from myself will lack substance and will do nothing to contribute to the research of your key. I truly do hope it's original and you can find proof of that.

?

Okay gents... Enough of the Hub Bub, I feel we need better pics.. And any if at all information on the "Key" itself.. Where was it taken, liberated etc; etc; Then we can start to form a "who dunnit" or "who didn't" type of consortium... What type of metal and ajax is correct in saying it would be a rather thick door,, Based on the shaft... Indiana Jones,,,, Hahahahah look out... By the way... "The Amber Room " amber has never been located.. including the perported S.S. Cave room full of rings...... Or......????

Quote by Duff View Post
    Holy Cow! I really appreciate all the comments! First off - I have (we) no idea what this bad boy was for... Used, carried, presentation - NO knowledge... I know it was picked up in Seattle, WA. The original seller called my Grandpa and sold him the key 30+ years ago. The thing Im looking for is "pictures" or possible documentation.. That is why I posted it - as we also have no idea about the origin of this said key.

Of course people will say its a fantasy piece - because yes - its not often something like this shows up... I have never seen another and have spent MASSIVE time researching via the web on possible look-a-likes... Found NOTHING....

I also posted it here - because its a great mystery piece that has brought much "thought." Something of which I thought could benefit the members here...
    The problem with this is the fact that it is just a key. What organization it is is open to speculation, the eagle is almost generic NSDAP/?/SS?. The use of the Hagel rune to me is generally SS more so than other elements of the table such as a life rune,etc. The chances of you finding the door are pretty slim to none. SS did give keys and gifts so it cant be ruled out, however it does have an air about it. I would not retire in the hopes of getting rich off this thing as its really only worth what someone will pay for what is essentially a novelty key. I would imagine some dealers would make up some elaborate story about it but in the end the value is capped. Naturally better photos might help as well.

Sorry, I should really stop posting, but why do we keep returning to value? His reasoning for posting said item is in hopes of discovering some kind of evidence this is period produced, not to find out what it is worth or to sell it.

?

For me it Looks like a so called "honour key".
    Sometimes usual here in Germany.
    If a real period one - i have no idea.
    Here a link to an other example:

Ihr Shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast