Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blut & Boden

Article about: So Horst, any other little gems laying around in you collection?

?

Default Blut & Boden

Blut & BodenBlut & BodenBlut & BodenBlut & BodenBlut & BodenA few Blut & Boden items along with a Reichsnahrstand tinnie made by a very popular medal/badge maker - the Blut & Boden medal was awarded for wine products -
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blut & Boden
    P
    Many

Default Re: Blut & Boden

Could it be possible to get some close-up of the items.Very interresting never seen one like this before how rare or how commun are they.

Great items Horst, you know that I have to post my Erbhof sign here because they are related!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blut & Boden  

is that ribbon correct for that medal???...looks like a war merit cross ribbon...

Quote by militarymania View Post
    is that ribbon correct for that medal???...looks like a war merit cross ribbon...
    You are correct about the ribbon,but not knowing myself this medal did not know if that was correct for that medal.

Quote by Erich S View Post
    Great items Horst, you know that I have to post my Erbhof sign here because they are related!
    Great great piece,and in very good condition.

Very, Very interesting Horst. Nice pieces that I have never seen before. Thanks for showing.

Jay

?

While the ribbon color coding is the same as the Merit cross the ribbon on the Blut & Boden medal is approx 1 3/4" wide where as the ribbon on the Merit cross is approx 1 1/4" wide - the ribbon to the Blut & Boden medal is original to the medal. Somtimes these Blut & Boden medals came with the color of the Land/Gau it was awarded in - its my guess that if the award was for a higher level i.e. reich it was awarded in the national colors(Black/whiite/red)-- Erich - Nice Erbhof , I have seen these in a black metal guess these were used to hang outside on the Bauernhof gates/ entrances rather than somwhere inside like yours would have been used for.

Horst

Horst, my Erbhof sign is made of black cast iron, but the flash of the camera made it look lighter. My sign also has counter sunk screw holes on the reverse to attach outdoors to a farm gate. Best, Erich

?

Thanks Erich -

A little more info relative to this organization: The name of the organization is "Reichsnahrstand"(National Food Estate) established in 1933 by Walter Darre, their motto was "Blut & Boden" i.e. like the Hitler youth motto was "Blut & Ehre",RAD was "Arbeit Adelt" etc. the organization incorporated all functions related to food production.
    Hope this helps

Horst

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast