Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brass push plate!!!

Article about: Have I told you guys that I have a friend here in Memphis that has gotten a hold of the brass push plate with the eagle and swastika on it from the rest room of German embassy in London befo

Default Brass push plate!!!

Have I told you guys that I have a friend here in Memphis that has gotten a hold of the brass push plate with the eagle and swastika on it from the rest room of German embassy in London before the war, Von Ribbentrop who was the ambassador at the time probably pushed on that plate when he went in to take a dump P.S how much should I offer him for it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brass push plate!!!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Brass push plate!!!

First of all , how sure are you of the provenance of this piece, To be honest i cant see how someone could have got hold of it before the war, there is no guarantee of authenticity, never take a story as positive proof until proven without a doubt, are there photos of the item in order to view the eagle

He came by it from his father who was a Cotton merchant traveling to and from England,I am going to get some pictures.Anyway I don't know what kind of provenance would be available sort of like the twenty million tons of Hitlers place settings and Goering's railway silver tea sets and Hitler's bronze desk set.we are not talking about a Van Gogh we are talking push-plate from a rest room!

I have to ask. What is a push plate? is it on the door to push it open? ERIC

please post pic of this "rare" item

Hi Mike, tread carefully here. I can almost say with 99.9% certainty this is a fake. Even without seeing it. It will be marked ARNO BREKER.

Fakes were made in England and have been around since the 1970's. Made of brass with an eagle and swastika. We have covered these on the forum in the past. They were sold with this story back then. I almost foolishy bought one back then, priced £4.50. Thankfully I did not buy it.

As a general observation, there is a lot of rubbish coming back onto the market recently: old fakes bought back in the 1970's which are now re hitting the market as people sell off collections. Some of these have not been made for years and new collectors are not aware of them. Plus of course they do now have some genuine age to them.

Hi Eric, it is a brass plate fitted above the door handle which is design for you to push the door open against. A decorative item which also saves wear on the door paintwork.

Here is one I found online for sale, sorry for the tiny pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images Brass push plate!!! 

?

As stated above if it is what Ade posted, post 45 fantasy items.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thanks Ade for the advise and the photo,to be honest I have not seen the item but I have contacted my buddy to ask for some scans.Even if it was authentic I would not really want it I would rather have another dagger or some new postcards