Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle

Article about: -- One of my personal favourite pieces. I have suspicion that the marble base is not original.

Default Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle

-- One of my personal favourite pieces. I have suspicion that the marble base is not original.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle
    P
    Many

Welcome to the Forum! These are being reproduced in India--I had one--...They're very well made and quite heavy, same base as seen above...I do not think that this is an original...But they sure look nice on display...
    cheers, Glenn

Look at the metal, everywhere you have small holes = defaults, impossible during the 3 reich, possible during the 4 reich!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

I love the Nuremberg eagles but this example to my eyes looks bad sorry rgds Dave

-- Hmm, discouraging news. I'm going to go back to the shop this week and acquire a little more info. If this is indeed a reproduction it was not sold to me as such. I paid near $500 CDN! I was assured it was authentic. I have full confidence in the shop and two owners as they specialize in German WWII militaria and have served the city for a near 25 years!

I'm stunned that it could be a reproduction from India. I've looked and cannot find another like it anywhere (besides the one for sale on this very forum). If indeed India was producing fakes you'd think they would be floating around for sale in the dozens. I mean a counterfeiter doesn't make just 50 and then call it a week. There would be literally hundreds, if not thousands, of these cluttering up the internet.

I will have to do some more research and questioning to get some more validity.

A current thread on this very subject, a genuine one that yours copies is on page 2. The difference in quality is all too apparent.

Table Decoration Eagle

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I recommend checking here prior to purchase...If you Google-Image "Nurnberg Nazi Party Eagle" you'll find several of the reproductions I was referring to...Several for sale right now on I-offer.
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle 

A side by side comparison is always best to quickly pick out the detail differences.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I've looked and cannot find another like it anywhere (besides the one for sale on this very forum)
    ...........Here is another on the net for sale at the moment, the same as yours, it is described as original to the period. Even the marble base looks to be the same color.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle   Bronze Third Reich Desk Eagle  

And the pictures have disappeared? Makes this thread useless now

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast