Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Burgerbraukeller

Article about: The Burgerbraukeller in Munich was where it all began - 9 Nov 1923 Hitler and his followers gathered at the Burgerbraukeller beer hall to prepare themselves for the march to the Muinch Gover

?

Default Burgerbraukeller

The Burgerbraukeller in Munich was where it all began - 9 Nov 1923 Hitler and his followers gathered at the Burgerbraukeller beer hall to prepare themselves for the march to the Muinch Government buildings i.e. the Bavarian govt.- As we all know they were stopped at the Feldherrnhalle where a few of the followers were shot and Hitler along with others were sent to Landsberg prison. After Hitler came to power this march was an annual tradition to honor the movement and those that died.
    The Stein pictured and the plate originate from the Burgerbraukeller and were probably used prior to the annual march, filled with a nice cool lager(Helles) and a plate of Sauerbraten for stamina, when ready the SA dagger was clipped on and off they went for the annual march.The Burgerbrau keller was detroyed in the 60,s. The stein is maker marked as is the pewter lid also the plate -

Sorry if the history lesson bored

Horst

Burgerbraukeller
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Burgerbraukeller
    P
    Many

Default Re: Burgerbraukeller

a brilliant bit of history horst i always wondered about the bullet he supposedly fired into the roof to get the attention if its still there....... thanks for sharing such brilliant items

?

Tom - thanks glad you enjoyed that bite of history - as to the bullet still being there, dont think so as the entire place(Burgerbraukeller) was torndown in the 60,s and new buildings replaced it, not a beergarden sorry to say.

Horst

Horst, not boing at all - These are some really great
    pieces of history - nice to see them.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Horst View Post
    The Burgerbraukeller in Munich was where it all began - 9 Nov 1923 Hitler and his followers gathered at the Burgerbraukeller beer hall to prepare themselves for the march to the Muinch Government buildings i.e. the Bavarian govt.- As we all know they were stopped at the Feldherrnhalle where a few of the followers were shot and Hitler along with others were sent to Landsberg prison. After Hitler came to power this march was an annual tradition to honor the movement and those that died.
    The Stein pictured and the plate originate from the Burgerbraukeller and were probably used prior to the annual march, filled with a nice cool lager(Helles) and a plate of Sauerbraten for stamina, when ready the SA dagger was clipped on and off they went for the annual march.The Burgerbrau keller was detroyed in the 60,s. The stein is maker marked as is the pewter lid also the plate -

Sorry if the history lesson bored

Horst
    History never bores me - contrary to popular belief it was not the Nazis that were having a meeting in the Bürgerbräukeller to plan a march - it was actually government officials who headed a meeting in the building on 8. Nov., 1923. Gustav von Kahr (member of the "Munich triumvirate") was speaking to the audience when Hitler and his followers made their way in from the outside. The fact that they later marched out towards the Government buildings was really due to Ludendorff. For a while nobody was sure what to do, until Ludendorff screamed out "we will march!" or something along those lines. The march on 9. Nov. was a spur of the moment thing really.

A very nice and very interesting Stein and plate anyway, with a lot of important history to them!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.
    Last edited by KSH; 01-13-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Typo

A same as nice group as was posted recently by Erich. Thanks a lot for sharing yours, Horst, along with the little history lesson.

Cheers, MB.

A real piece of historyHorst and was possibly there that night of the 8th of Nov. 1923. I'm really glad you found one my friend! Best, Erich

?

Erich - thanks - there are other variations of the Burgerbrau, munchen mug/stein heres one next to our type -

Horst

Burgerbraukeller

Yes, I have also seen that style as well. There was a guy on the Axis forums that had the largest collection of BB steins, munues etc that I had ever seen.

Fascinating stuff Horst and what a terrific way to display your items, it really looks good mate!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast