Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base

Article about: Adolf Hitler Bust w/ Base - made of bronzish metal + marble? 8" tall. Overall fair condition with some discolor mostly on left side of head. Inscription on back by shoulder - very light

Default Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base

Adolf Hitler Bust w/ Base - made of bronzish metal + marble? 8" tall. Overall fair condition with some discolor mostly on left side of head. Inscription on back by shoulder - very lightly readable - think it says "HB" in a circle + full signature (lastname Kaufe??). Really hard to make out what it says or get a proper picture of the signature.

Pics below <item #110>

Any idea of value?

Thanks
    KP
    Attached Images Attached Images Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base  Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bust of Adolf Hitler w/ Base

Hi KP, can you get clearer pictures of the signature. Try putting a magnifying glass in front of your lense on macro.

Jay

Unfortunately, I can barely make anything out with looking at the signature under a magnifying glass under varying lights, let alone get a good picture of it. Maybe I can play with the contrast in photoshop or something. The last part of signature looks like Kaufe. First name or initial of first name might be an S or an F. Beyond that, I just can't be sure.. Is there a place where I can find a list of all TR era artists/sculotrs...

Do you know of a list of german artists/sculptors from the time period that might be online. That might help me to narrow it down.

WOHL
    ?

how much this beauty worth?

someone must have a guesstamit (SP?)

Like WOHL, I am curious as to a guesstimate of the value here.

By the way WOHL, I have a shirt similar to the one in your photo which I have nicknamed "big blue". Not too go too far off topic here but I also have a red one nicknamed "big red". I stopped wearing them years ago though.

KP

WOHL
    ?

how many people are registered on this message board? 20?
    can i get an estimate on this so i can make an offer to the guy?

thanks in advance

Nothing special about the piece and value is low. Assuming its real from the lack of good pictures 200-250.00 maybe.

K

morell
    ?

Don't know if this is in time. I have a bust here with the mark HB.

The rest is in German:
    Ich habe eine Büste hier mit HB drauf. Ich habe immer gedacht das es eine Giessereimarke ist. Könnte aber auch eine Prüfung sein.

(...)
    Die Prüfungen an den Gussteilen erfolgen als Probenkontrolle im Rahmen des Erstmusterdurchlaufs, als Zwischenprüfung in der Gussnachbehandlung sowie als Endprüfung durch die Qualitätskontrolle.

Grundsätzlich erfolgt in der Endkontrolle durch qualifizierte Prüfer u.a. eine mengenbezogene Ultraschall-Prüfung, Härteprüfung (HB) sowie eine Sichtprüfung der Gussstücke. (...)

(...)
    Die Prüfungen an den Gussteilen erfolgen als Probenkontrolle im Rahmen des Erstmusterdurchlaufs, als Zwischenprüfung in der Gussnachbehandlung sowie als Endprüfung durch die Qualitätskontrolle.

Grundsätzlich erfolgt in der Endkontrolle durch qualifizierte Prüfer u.a. eine mengenbezogene Ultraschall-Prüfung, Härteprüfung (HB) sowie eine Sichtprüfung der Gussstücke. (...)

If this answer is in time I'll be glad to translate it for those interested.

Toodeloo!
    Morell

morell
    ?

Ah, as a price-indication I would say around 200/250 euro as well.

Quote by morell View Post
    Don't know if this is in time. I have a bust here with the mark HB.

The rest is in German:
    Ich habe eine Büste hier mit HB drauf. Ich habe immer gedacht das es eine Giessereimarke ist. Könnte aber auch eine Prüfung sein.

(...)

(...)

If this answer is in time I'll be glad to translate it for those interested.

Toodeloo!
    Morell
    Hi,

I would like to hear the translation for this if you dont mind.

I have another statue piece with the HB in a circle too. Here is a full description of that piece

Standing man in toga w/ leaves in hand. Bronze(?)/metal - Good condition (minor scratching on arm). Inscribed with "Dem Sleger" on top of base. "HB" in circle on bottom.

1. What does the HB stand for?
    2. Does "Dem Sleger" have any meaning behind it? Google didnt produce much in the way of hints.

I will post pics of this 2nd piece soon.

KP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast