Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A Chalice, A Ring, A Tea Strainer, A Soap Holder, and a Pocketknife

Article about: Hey guys, I went backpacking thru Central and Eastern Europe over the summer and came across a few things from a street vendor in Sofia, Bulgaria. The lady who sold these to me was middle-ag

Default A Chalice, A Ring, A Tea Strainer, A Soap Holder, and a Pocketknife

Hey guys,

I went backpacking thru Central and Eastern Europe over the summer and came across a few things from a street vendor in Sofia, Bulgaria. The lady who sold these to me was middle-aged and spoke very little English. This was not a particularly touristy area, though I was able to haggle the items (in bulk) to about $40 a piece, which is a considerable amount of money in Bulgaria.

I have no idea whether or not these items are real, though I have my doubts about a few of them. I would love to know for sure so I can determine whether they're worth taking extra care of (or just novelty).

1.) A Nazi Chalice. The vendor claims it is silver (it's heavy for its small size) and it passed a silver home test I conducted.

Close up

I can't seem to make out what's at the bottom, but there appears to be a star and the number 40

Extreme Close up

-----

2.) A Nazi Ring (the vendor claimed it's Brass). It's quite big and fits on my thumb.

I don't see any signatures or markings in it, the inside is rather smoothed out

-----

3.) A Tea Strainer (inscribed: German Empire 1938 Germany Over Everything)

A Close up:

Lid and inside:

-----

4.) A Soap Holder. One thing that became a red flag for me was the fact that the "über" inscribed on this one is missing the umlat (two dots). The tea strainer, however, has it.

Side View (with two Hexagonal Stars)

No other markings inside or on bottom

-----

5.) A pocketknife. This one I have a feeling is a fake.

Close up

Two items: the pocketknife and soap holder I believe are fake, but the other three seem real to me.

Any professional or experienced opinions would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Chalice, A Ring, A Tea Strainer, A Soap Holder, and a Pocketknife
    P
    Many

Default Re: A Chalice, A Ring, A Tea Strainer, A Soap Holder, and a Pocketknife

Real or not, I think your new items look very beautiful, I really like the tea strainer and soap holder
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to say these are old items onto which have been placed bogus Nazi insignia. This is a common trick.

The ring and knife I think are outright new production.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you! I quite like them, too, and hope to have it figured out eventually!

Hey Adrian,

So you're saying they're all fake?

Yes, sorry.

I have seen countless variations on this theme over the years. They pick up old items cheap on flea markets, add bogus Nazi insignia and sell them on at a big profit. It is done all over Eastern Europe and Germany.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

They are all unfortunately Fourth Reich fantasy items , Bulgaria is full of this type of thing i'm afraid
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I agree with Ade, pimped old items or outright fakes.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks, everyone.

I'm sorry but never buy such items if you do not want to buy a quaranteed fakes. The quality of these items is also poor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast