Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Cholm shield monument - Desk piece

Article about: Has anyone seen any desk piece like this before? Is there any Cholm monument that this could be modeled after? Thanks /B

Default Cholm shield monument - Desk piece

Has anyone seen any desk piece like this before?

Is there any Cholm monument that this could be modeled after?

Thanks
    /B
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cholm shield monument - Desk piece  
    Attached Images Attached Images Cholm shield monument - Desk piece  Cholm shield monument - Desk piece  Cholm shield monument - Desk piece 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cholm shield monument - Desk piece
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cholm shield monument - Desk piece

I have never seen an item like this before? I am certainly not aware of any memorial bulit on the battlefield or elsewhere to commemorate the battle.

It would be interesting to know the size of the item and the shield itself. This is the rarest of all the campaign shield awards, and much faked. Clearly something else should be mounted on top of the mounting.

I am am skeptic about it I must say. With the shield not coming out until mid 1942 and metal restrictions being placed on industry around this stage of the war, I cannot honestly envisage such an item being produced: unless it is a one off made up by someone.

We certainly need good clear close ups of the shield. Not sure if it has been truly de-Nazified or photoshop censored?

The other theory would be a postwar made item of course.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looks very nice,
    but i think it is small, to fit around an original/repro size shield.

Thanks Ade.
    I will get some better pictures tomorrow and i 'll update the thread.

So most throphys was made pre war ?

The item is about 25cm in height

Yes, most of these trophy type items are 1930's in date. I am fond of them and always take an interest in them.

25cm is pretty big: especially as it appears something is missing from the top.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ok got some more picture from the seller.

Details of the monument seems to be pretty sloppy.....

Shield is not magnetic according to the seller, still it looks like it has rust on the surface,

Cholm shield monument - Desk pieceCholm shield monument - Desk pieceCholm shield monument - Desk pieceCholm shield monument - Desk pieceCholm shield monument - Desk pieceCholm shield monument - Desk piece

well I guess that the details on the shield doesnt look to good

?

Im thinking post war thats been De Swastikafied to encourage a sale, the damage looks very new, judging by period items the font of lettering appears suspect to me , its a strange item to create as it would appear that there are no memorials of this type known to exist, so possibly a fantasy item?, but i daresay there will be more comments pending

Yes I think you are correct, to bad I liked it at first but after looking at the aditional images I let it go. It finaly sold at 97€ on ebay.de