Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cigarette case by Zeitner

Article about: All....... I just aquired this cigarette case from England. Has anyone seen this style of Reichsadler before ? Somewhere in the past I had seen it, but it was so long ago I don't remember wh

?

Default Cigarette case by Zeitner

All....... I just aquired this cigarette case from England. Has anyone seen this style of Reichsadler before ? Somewhere in the past I had seen it, but it was so long ago I don't remember where.
    It was made by Herbet Zeitner and is 835 silver. I have another item by him, a pokal given to Adolph Wagner by Hermann Goring. Zeitner was Goring's silversmith. Any ideas or opinions sure would help me identify it, possibly the style of eagle could belong to an individual....... In a previous post I had some misgivings about ever recieving the case due to a bad incident just prior to purchasing it, from a scammer in Poland. Thank GOD the seller of the case ( from England ) was the real deal. .....it just reinforces my belief in mankind. ...... Thanks guys !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cigarette case by Zeitner   Cigarette case by Zeitner  

Cigarette case by Zeitner   Cigarette case by Zeitner  

Cigarette case by Zeitner  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cigarette case by Zeitner
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Cigarette case by Zeitner

I KNOW I have seen this style of adler before as something this diverse from the standard reichsadler sticks in my mind, as I feel sure it would others. Zeitner was a very high profile silversmith, being Goring's personal silversmith. Not many average people could afford him and since he was under contract with Goring, ( and possibly someone close to him, or military entourage ) was in position to order personal items from him. It will be just a matter of time before I find it....hopefully from the support of of of you guys...

?

I have his complete history, letters etc. He lived until the mid 70's..... But I haven't Googled him though....... See what you can come up with mate... We will both be on the search for this adler......

?

Maybe you have a way to check his service record. One scan shows him with his son and maybe, if you can locate him, might be able to shed some light...
    Thanks mate !

?

It's possible that one of the members can access the military records in the Military Archives....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cigarette case by Zeitner   Cigarette case by Zeitner  

?

Ade.......... thanks mate ! They didn't come through on the original post. I just wish I knew how to save them to file........ : (

?

The Dachshund is wearing a tie?
    Seriously, the case looks like a high quality piece that you'd expect from a jeweler like Zeitner. Because of the eagle, it had to be presented by or to someone official, as the law protecting the national symbol (even a stylized version) would preclude this from being sold commercially.
    Erich

?

Erich.... thanks so much for your reply. Yes, my thoughts exactly ! I have heard from several " old salts " the same exact theory. You just couldn't come up with a different style of eagle from the party one unless you were a " person of distinction " and had the " authority " to do so. So the mystery continues......... I have seen this style of eagle decades ago somewhere on a silver set in some media, Manion's, Johnson's booty book series, or somewhere........ It is for sure a higher up person........ if we just could pin it down we would all be enlightened. Maybe in time if the really educated one would come forth......... stay in touch meine freund....

?

Thanks mate !!

This is a great case, having something from Prof. Herbert Zeitner is a find in itself.

Thanks for the images.

Johnny R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast