Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Classic Cars of the Third Reich - Where are they now ?

Article about: What ever happened to those really cool looking and ritzy cars of the rich and famous..or the unsavory personalities of this period ? How many of them survived the bombings..or were found in

Default Classic Cars of the Third Reich - Where are they now ?

What ever happened to those really cool looking and ritzy cars of the rich and famous..or the unsavory personalities of this period ?

How many of them survived the bombings..or were found in storage and safe havens and where are they now?

Does anyone know? Photos of these vehicles of then and now or something similar would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Classic Cars of the Third Reich - Where are they now ?
    P
    Many

I suppose a lot were pressed into service by the Allies - ferrying around generals etc.... during, after the war and in the occupation. Then probably scrapped along with all the other war detritus ( except for the big cars of the famous .... Goering, Hitler etc... )

Which made their way back to museums etc...
    Goering, Gobbels & Bormanns are in Moscow

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histo...moscow-289284/

and Hitlers car ( one of the dozens of them he is reported to have used ) is in California.

Dan
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-16-2016 at 01:45 AM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Great question Rosie and I can see already that this is going to be a great thread. I too am curious of the where abouts of these cars..including Himmlers car license plate SS 1 .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Not sure where this car of Hitler resides but it's in some museum

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I remember seeing a Mercedes that was supposed to be one of Hitler's cars back in the 70's. It was on display at a local mall in Greenville, SC. They had it behind some partitions and you had to pay to see it. One thing I remember about it was the black DD SS helmet and MP40 on the passenger front seat.

From Team-BHP.com:

"The last known transaction was done in Nov 2009 and this car went from Bielefeld (in western Germany) to Moscow.

Hitler's favorite limo was a dark blue Mercedes 770K. It was located recently by Dusseldorf-based, rare and vintage auto broker, Michael Froelich and purchased by a Russian billionaire.

"The Mercedes sales register shows this 770K [Grosser Series II W150 Cabriolet] model was ordered for the Fuehrer and Chancellor of the Reich in 1935," Froelich told Reuters.

Only 88 of the 1935 model were produced and this specific vehicle has all of the modifications Hitler required, including, "a body made of 18mm-gauge steel, with 4cm thick windows," according to TGDaily.com.

At the time, the car was state of the art. According to Froelich, "it was the best car in the world at the time. Better than the Bugatti, Bentley, Rolls Royce or whatever. It was his favorite car: the one he used most often, which he used for parades."

A middleman for an anonymous Russian billionaire asked Froehlich to track down Hitler's dark-blue 770 K model Mercedes Benz. He learned that Adolf Hitler's original Mercedes was in Austria at the end of World War II, it was later moved to the Classic Car Museum in Las Vegas, and then ended up in the hands of a Bavarian beer baron in Germany.

After the magnate's death in 2008, his widow decided to sell the iconic car and so it came to be in the hands of a private collector in Bielefeld (in western Germany).

The Russian buyer arrived in Germany on a private jet to seal the deal and bought it from the private owner for between $6 and $15 million. It is reported that the Russian buyer has taken the Mercedes to Moscow.
    Although the final purchse price is unknown the value of the vehicle has been estimated variously between four and 10 million euros ($6-15 million USD), according to the BBC."

Classic Cars of the Third Reich - Where are they now ?Classic Cars of the Third Reich - Where are they now ?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

CBH
    ?

I believe one of Hitler cars is in the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa , there was talk of selling it some years ago and using the money for upgrading the museum . I believe they decided against this . Sorry I don't have any photos .

One of Hitler's other Mercedes cars is in the Kevin Wheatcroft collection, and the Horch Kubelwagen that is claimed to have been Himmler's is currently offered for sale in Germany.

?

The Car at the Canadian War Museum was supposed to be Gorings. I remember seeing it years ago.

Dean O
    Canada

I believe one of the Mercedes with dual rear wheels is in a Museum in Germany near Schweinfurt (?) If I recall it was converted to a firetruck after the war and used in Czechoslovakia but has now been totally restored
    Last edited by CARL; 03-16-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast