Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DieCast Aluminum Hitler Bust for Plaque?

Article about: Came across this for sale its diecast aluminum 8" by 5". Is it a period piece? Any ideas of value or what it was used for would be appreciated? Thanks, Robert

Default DieCast Aluminum Hitler Bust for Plaque?

Came across this for sale its diecast aluminum 8" by 5". Is it a period piece? Any ideas of value or what it was used for would be appreciated? Thanks, Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DieCast Aluminum Hitler Bust for Plaque?  
    Attached Images Attached Images DieCast Aluminum Hitler Bust for Plaque? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DieCast Aluminum Hitler Bust for Plaque?
    P
    Many

Default Re: DieCast Aluminum Hitler Bust for Plaque?

These were patriotic wall plaques. Usually mounted on a wooden backing.

Looks good to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have to wonder about the mounting on it, though. It looks as if there had been a post at the top and possibly on the bottom as well that has been removed or ground off. Somehow, I don't think the "hole in the Fuhrer's ear" looks right or would have been done that way originally. And to put a mounting hole in the middle of a hollow piece like this made of brittle material doesn't make sense either-a turn or 2 too many to tighten it down would make it crack.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the help Ade and William. I had also thought is was odd that he had a hole in his ear. I will try to pick it up if I can get it for the right price. Thanks, Robert

Hi Robert,
    Nice cast piece but the hole in the ear intrigues me, it should,nt be there, but worth buying if you can.
    dave.

JMM
    ?

Imperial War Museum in London used to have a plaque like that (see the pics I took at the time). It's been a long long time that I haven't been there so I don't know if they still have it on display
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DieCast Aluminum Hitler Bust for Plaque?   DieCast Aluminum Hitler Bust for Plaque?  

Thanks for the information and pictures Dave and JMM. What would you guys value something like this at? Just asking as I do not want to over pay? Thanks, Robert

?

Heres one I have , it has a hanger on the back -
    Believe that on the one above someone /previous owner? had drilled a hole in it to be able to hang it, dont think it belongs there.

Horst
    DieCast Aluminum Hitler Bust for Plaque?DieCast Aluminum Hitler Bust for Plaque?
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Thanks, Horst for sharing yours for comparison. I was able to get it for $32 bucks. Cheers, Robert

JMM
    ?

Quote by TNcollector View Post
    Thanks, Horst for sharing yours for comparison. I was able to get it for $32 bucks. Cheers, Robert
    Hi Robert
    Sorry - can't help you on price but I think $32 was a good one. If you come across other plaque pls inform. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast