Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Eagle desktop-revision

Article about: I would like you to take a look at this eagle; and give me your opinion on whether it is possible that this eagle belonged to the period of the Third Reich. No signature. Width of the wings:

Quote by Scout View Post
    What Carl said. Ive seen plenty of these from the period with no TR connection.
    Maybe you want to look at the cast and the process of manufacture, your in the Reich years with this bird.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eagle desktop-revision
    P
    Many

if it is an eagle period preceding the Reich is a good article. but it takes away the charm, not from the time of the Nazis.

Quote by Milindre View Post
    if it is an eagle period preceding the Reich is a good article. but it takes away the charm, not from the time of the Nazis.
    It is from the time of the Nazi's and just does not have the swastika, add a swastika and add a premium. Loads of Third Reich bronze out there without political embellishments. Market is loaded with it really, guys like swastika's and I cant help you with that as this model does not have one. Its a great bird though and a great base.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    It is from the time of the Nazi's and just does not have the swastika, add a swastika and add a premium. Loads of Third Reich bronze out there without political embellishments. Market is loaded with it really, guys like swastika's and I cant help you with that as this model does not have one. Its a great bird though and a great base.
    you are a connoisseur. thank you very much. I still like this kind of eagles. would be right at home ... lol. next to my train eagles

lovely eagle.

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's a parrot death match...!!!!
    Maybe TWO Norwegian Blues?? Beautiful plumage!

I found other examples of eagles on page Wittmann militaria, dating from the 20s and are also in that style and beauty...

Wittmann Militaria #35213C Bronze Eagle Pocket Watch Stand
    Wittmann Militaria #35214C Open-Winged Eagle on Marble Base
    Wittmann Militaria #35933AC Large Bronze Eagle by H. Pabst

?

Great looking Eagle - In Giessen Germany there was a monument that had this eagle on it without Swaz, and the wording"Flieg Deutscher Adler Flieg" Translated reads "Fly German Eagle Fly" - Believe it was built before Germany was allowed to rebuild the Luftwaffe after WWI ,so the early III Reich years. Was in Germany last year and the monument was taken down.
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Horst View Post
    Great looking Eagle - In Giessen Germany there was a monument that had this eagle on it without Swaz, and the wording"Flieg Deutscher Adler Flieg" Translated reads "Fly German Eagle Fly" - Believe it was built before Germany was allowed to rebuild the Luftwaffe after WWI ,so the early III Reich years. Was in Germany last year and the monument was taken down.
    Horst

Interesting your comment, friend .. thanks

Here's the description for the Adler that started this post
    Beautiful Third Reich period time bronzed eagle on marble base. Classic 1930s/40s art. It looks to be made of zinc with a bronze finish. Nice detail. High quality work. No signature.

Width of the wings: 43cm
    Height: 41cm
    Height of the base (including in 41cm): 12,5cm.
    Weight: 7,2kg

Nice period time desk decoration in good condition.

It's currently at 220E I think it will go for more personally

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast