Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Enamel III Reich Signs

Article about: dont get me wrong id gladly host him if you get bored with him...i like the police items alot.. BTW whats the police thing under the back of the saddle? l

Default Re: Enamel III Reich Signs

dont get me wrong id gladly host him if you get bored with him...i like the police items alot.. BTW whats the police thing under the back of the saddle? l

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Enamel III Reich Signs
    P
    Many

?

Quote by tarvin890 View Post
    dont get me wrong id gladly host him if you get bored with him...i like the police items alot.. BTW whats the police thing under the back of the saddle? l
    Martin - if you read what I posted along with the pictures of the Police fella you will see what this represents -
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

I was talking about the police symbol that appears to be part of a horse blanket? green on green blanket maybe?

?

Quote by tarvin890 View Post
    I was talking about the police symbol that appears to be part of a horse blanket? green on green blanket maybe?
    This is called a "Shabrack" or simply stated a horse blanket which was used mainly in Large cities i.e. Berlin on special occasions or parades - it is a very rare item.

Horst

I guess i have good taste then, the rarer and less available the better, very good looking item.

?

Heres a complete picture of the Shabrack -

Horst

Enamel III Reich Signs

A couple of little signs that I picked up recently. "Begging and Hawking Forbidden" and a picture of a torch wielding security man. From Breslau.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enamel III Reich Signs  

Another one. Not enamel but interesting, nevertheless. One can only speculate that this plate may have once been attached to equipment involved in the construction of the Autobahn or other public works.

"Directly after the war ended in 1919 [sic], Eduard Linnhoff founded the company Eduard Linnhoff Maschinenfabrik in Tempelhof, Berlin, near the airport. Right from the beginning, Linnhoff produced road construction machinery such as Asphalt Cookers, Asphalt Sprayers and Asphalt Plants.

The 30’s saw the company’s tremendous growth due to the involvement of German Autobahn project which started at that time. And until the World War II, the company had 1,200 employees and was one of the leading European manufacturers of construction machinery".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enamel III Reich Signs  

Hi Horst, Great thread. You have shown some lovely enamel signs. As you have also shown some Police items I post a photo of a Burgermeister Police sign- not quite enamel, but metal with a raised eagle and lettering. Best Regards, Michael.

Hi Horst, I have dug up a photo of my favorite Third Reich Enamel sign- The 'Munchen Kindle' (Munich Child) enamel sign, the symbol of the City of Munich, this sign was often found on Trams in Munich and on many Munich State Buildings during the Third Reich, Best Regards, Michael

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast