Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Enamel III Reich Signs

Article about: dont get me wrong id gladly host him if you get bored with him...i like the police items alot.. BTW whats the police thing under the back of the saddle? l

I admittedly love enamel signs/period signs in general but as they require some space to display I have never gotten around to acquiring many. Currently only have 3, 2 enamel and one smaller SA cardboard sign.

Here's the best and only full size one I have, certainly one that witnessed some action towards the end of the war, being a Berlin recovered and named sign.

Allgemeine Ortskrankenkasse Berlin

Enamel III Reich Signs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Enamel III Reich Signs
    P
    Many

Slados, the Adolf Hitler strrasse sign is a little rare in the fact that it's using an "long" "S" symbol and a regular "S". The long "S" symbol represented by an "L" like symbol and is not the same as the sharp "S" symbol represented by a letter that resembles a "B". The "long" "S" symbol was used in Europe and the United States up until the mid 30's (about the 20's in the USA). So this leads me to wonder if this particular Adolf Hitler sign was used in an occupied country. And yes, the Rechskanzlei sign was purchased as a "movie prop". I typically try to collect original items only. But this one was so well made, I had to have it! Thanks , BT

?

Cool

I kinda like this type of signs. don't have many, but am always looking for something that catches my eye. Most I have I picked up in Germany/Europe, but also some in the USA.
    Here is one of my favorites, a Luftwaffe. Unfortunately I can't find a better photo.
    Sarge
    Enamel III Reich Signs

Quote by Wargasm View Post
    Slados, the Adolf Hitler strrasse sign is a little rare in the fact that it's using an "long" "S" symbol and a regular "S". The long "S" symbol represented by an "L" like symbol and is not the same as the sharp "S" symbol represented by a letter that resembles a "B". The "long" "S" symbol was used in Europe and the United States up until the mid 30's (about the 20's in the USA). So this leads me to wonder if this particular Adolf Hitler sign was used in an occupied country. And yes, the Rechskanzlei sign was purchased as a "movie prop". I typically try to collect original items only. But this one was so well made, I had to have it! Thanks , BT
    Yes, indeed. I corrected myself shortly thereafter on the ſ (long S) thing, one I initially mistook for the ß (sharp S). Like you say, an unusual combination of a variation of the same basic letter "s" --- but I like its look as well. It appears the combination is not unknown but rather more unusual when utilized at the end of a word---
    My Ortskrankenkasse Berlin sign utilizes two long "S" letters, which would, like we both seem to agree, be the more usually seen combination.

Any chance of reverse shots of any of these signs?

One I picked up on ebay.de for cheap years back --- poorly stored beischild for Ortsgruppe Großmonra. Came out of a grouping of signs sourced from Fliegerhorst und Luftzeugamt Kölleda, unfortunately the seller was not selling any of the others, which included matching Hoheitschild, Blut und Boden Ortsbauernfuhrer, Hier Spricht Die NSDAP etc.

Enamel III Reich Signs

I'll try to get some pics of the reverse for you one day. Just a little tedious to take em all down. Lol
    Just got this one in, I'll snap the reverse before I hang it on my wall. Any additional info on this particular sign would be appreciated. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enamel III Reich Signs   Enamel III Reich Signs  

I have this bullet riddled sign.......

Enamel III Reich SignsEnamel III Reich SignsEnamel III Reich SignsEnamel III Reich Signs

that once looked like this!

Enamel III Reich Signs

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I'll try to get some pics of the reverse for you one day. Just a little tedious to take em all down. Lol
    Just got this one in, I'll snap the reverse before I hang it on my wall. Any additional info on this particular sign would be appreciated. Thanks
    Sorry, but I'm afraid it's a fake/fantasy piece. The design is strange, and note that they forgot the "s" at the end of "Nationalsozialistisches".

Well, I guess by that measure, this one is fantasy/fake too? I don't think so
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enamel III Reich Signs  

Well, I guess by that measure, this one is fantasy/fake too? I don't think so
    I have no idea whether it is good or not, but at least this one doesn't have any misspellings and doesn't use three different fonts in its design, unlike the last piece. Clearly, you don't want to believe me.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-25-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast