Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eva Braun's monogrammed compact.... at a yard sale!

Article about: if his stuff was real, wouldent it be in a museum?

?

Default Eva Braun's monogrammed compact.... at a yard sale!

And a hankie, too!

I registered here not really noticing that it's a WWII site... and I wanted to check in on a WWI item. So's not to be a totally outsider, I thought I'd make a WWII offering ...

I went to a yard sale in Encino (San Fernando Valley, CA) following a Craigslist ad that specified a number of items including "WWI items - shown upon request":
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eva Braun's monogrammed compact.... at a yard sale!   Eva Braun's monogrammed compact.... at a yard sale!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eva Braun's monogrammed compact.... at a yard sale!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Eva Braun's monogrammed compact.... at a yard sale!

I know the pics are miserable... it was high noon and about 110 degrees outside and all I had was my phone cam.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eva Braun's monogrammed compact.... at a yard sale!  

?

Yes, I believe you have found Eva Braun's missing compact case. Probably worth billions in today's dollars, ....will you take check for 36 trillion?
    Last edited by jws54; 10-26-2010 at 08:17 AM.

?

Where is the proof it was hers? what makes u think it was hers ? have u any documents/ photos ?

The monogram is that designed by Albert Speer. It is known as the "Butterfly" design.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The monogram is that designed by Albert Speer. It is known as the "Butterfly" design.

Cheers, Ade.
    I tought it was a four-leaf clover (Kleeblatt), and was designed by Dr. Karl Brandt.
    I saw items like that sold at more or less 1000 us$ .
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Kris, you are correct in that that was the first monogram, Speer later modified it. The Butterfly style can be seen on the hankie.

Some info here:

Eva Braun

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Kris, you are correct in that that was the first monogram, Speer later modified it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Didn't know that!
    Thanks.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

It was well worth suspending disbelief, if only for the fun of it . I was skeptical, but intrigued.

I came home and dug right into finding EB items on the net and found that they were more abundant and far less expensive than I would have imagined. It seemed less unlikely, to me, that this young woman could have a couple of genuine EB pieces.

snyderstreasures(dotcom) has scads of the stuff.

I actually went there to buy taxidermy... so viewing these items was just a a little treat. I asked to see the WWII goodies she had because I'm always on the look out for items related to the SS City of Benares. My father was one of the children booked to sail on 9/13/1940, but was not allowed to board ship because his parents couldn't pay some last minute 'embarcation tariff', or something. They all came to the U.S. 9 years later (on the Queen Mary).

First sight of New York Ciity, 1949. Taken by my Dad, with a Brownie camera.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eva Braun's monogrammed compact.... at a yard sale!  

The dealer you mention is not actually well known for selling original items.....hence that is why he always has loads......

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast