Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Extremely unusual Nazi Banner, Looking for opinions!

Article about: I love flags and this one stuck out to my as its unusualness. Never seen one before and hoping maybe one of you could point me in a direction? Single side printed on coarse white wool base.

Default Extremely unusual Nazi Banner, Looking for opinions!

I love flags and this one stuck out to my as its unusualness. Never seen one before and hoping maybe one of you could point me in a direction? Single side printed on coarse white wool base. There are 2 white Bakelite hanging rings with reinforced stitching and makers label reads "bonner farbenfabrik bonn a rhein"? About 34" by 38"

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Extremely unusual Nazi Banner, Looking for opinions!   Extremely unusual Nazi Banner, Looking for opinions!  

Extremely unusual Nazi Banner, Looking for opinions!   Extremely unusual Nazi Banner, Looking for opinions!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Extremely unusual Nazi Banner, Looking for opinions!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Maybe a google image search will help you id the symbol.

It's awfully thin with fragile Bakelite rings, so I do not think it was something for long term usage. Maybe for a rally, parade, event??
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Appreciate the advice in starting points. I think I found out that it is a Haciendic flag of some sort!

It's a Flag of the Hansabund in the years 1933 and 1934. The Hansabund for Trade, Commerce and Industry was an economic advocacy of German merchants and industrialists based in Berlin.

Google Translate

Thebryguy: You have an unique piece of German history. The Hansa-Bund was established in 1909 by an attorney, Dr, Jacob Riesser, with the intent to unite the smaller manufacturing industries, the artisans’ class, the smaller agriculturists, and commercial interests in general, against the heavier manufacturing industries and the agrarian interests representing the rich landed proprietors. From 1909 to 1934, the organization attained a remarkable position of power and influence. At its' last annual convention over 10,000 members were in attendance.
    It was not a political party, but it acted like one. It was led by men of who held high positions in the Empire, and advocated the advancement of the middle classes, smaller manufacturers, and merchants. Members of this organization were found in the German parliament and in the legislatures of all German states.
    Hansa-bund took an active part in politics. The aims of the Hansa-Bund were briefly, to secure administrative recognition and equal treatment of industry, commerce, and minor trades with agrarian interests, and to oppose the influence of rich landed proprietors whenever they were inimical to industry, trade, and commerce. What brought the Hansa-Bund down were the arguments over devaluation of the D-Mark. The so-called worldwide “Second Depression” occurred in 1935 as a result of the U. S. President, Franklin D. Roosevelt’s failed economic programs in America. Together with Great Britain, the Hansa-Bund supported devaluation whereas the NSDAP economic advisors argued against it. The result was that the Nazis simply dissolved the Hansa-Bunt in 1934.
    I hope this is useful to you, Dwight