Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fake LAH teapot??

Article about: Kris is spot on about these. I still have these three dishes. Cheers, Ade

Default Re: Fake LAH teapot??

Mine are for sale by the way, as HAL items. If anyone wishes to believe they are LAH, feel free, but I am being upfront about what I think they are.

Here they are again. One large and two smaller sized.

Sage: if you can offer some kind of proof they are LAH I would love to see it? A link to another so called "LAH" item for sale is not proof.

Is your teapot still for sale as an LAH item? I see it is now listed as a "Backroom" item on the website? (Not quite sure of the concept of that? ) But I do see it can no longer be purchased.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake LAH teapot??   Fake LAH teapot??  

Fake LAH teapot??   Fake LAH teapot??  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake LAH teapot??
    P
    Many

I have to agree with Ade = HAL, not LAH.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Seriously View Post
    I was researching something when I ran into this. Very interesting thread!

=1= Interesting that the link to Shoppe Cupere was so readily posted along with the quote:

............................etc etc etc.........................

Sincerely,
    Sage
    Marjorie & Sage Shoppe Cupere
    This is a public forum where things are discussed. Take it on the chin. If you have curious, rare (and often fabulously expensive) collectables in your inventory, it is absurd to expect your patrons to simply nod excitedly as they provide their credit card details.

As for your copyright infringement, all that has happened here is a link has been provided to your hosted data. If anything, you should consider what you owe in advertising fees.

There are thousands of years of collective experience on this site which you are dismissing. You could have come at this from a much better angle, I just don't see any reason for your attitude here.

Regards.

I thank you for your good humored responses. I have no ill will.

As to HAL or LAH, it is obviously a very debated topic.

I do not collect war memorabilia. We collect, consign, and sell interesting things. I have no personal interest in whether the teapot is LAH or HAL other than ensuring that it is properly identified. It is interesting regardless.

We spend a lot of time researching items. As I find more debate and nothing absolute in identifying this item, then it becomes a mystery that must be solved. Nothing more and nothing less.

I ran into this thread while researching. It was simply a bit of a rude surprise. I do understand that probably no ill intent was ever intended. Just the guys having a fun conversation in their living room... but forgetting the door was open and the neighbors could hear. I thought maybe the guys just needed a little reminder that it wasn't a private chat even if it was a cozy one.

And thank you for removing our images. If anyone would like the monogram image posted for reference or discussion - I would be happy to post a copy of it. (Without giving up rights to it, as I still need it myself).

I am still researching and don't expect it to be a quick project. So I shall continue browsing the wonderful web...

peace,
    Sage

'Kradspam' - Seriously. Wow. On every level. Wow. I gave a bit too much credit and posted a bit too quickly.

Here it is and always will be a 'HAL' piece. No questions
    or further research required.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I was researching something when I ran into this. Very interesting thread!

=1= Interesting that the link to Shoppe Cupere was so readily posted along with the quote:

“An authenticated example of this monogram can be found online. (Email for link).”

And yet no one felt the need to post the link for the authenticated example… even though two people in forum HAVE the link. (I know this. I have record of having sent it to them after they emailed their request).

Here is the link: LSSAH Silver Platter by Krupp Berndorf

Artfully leaving out such information even while making slanderous comments (direct and implied) regarding the listing practices of the Shoppe Cupere store …(‘pretend’ information?)….

Debate or no debate – there is obviously no interest in intellectual or educational discussion here.

And considering all the supposed silverplate collectors on this site – it is amazing that not one of you seems to know even the most rudimentary basics of silverplate marking systems. Nor do any of you seem to understand or recognize even the most elementary differences between engraved or pressed/embossed designs.

=2= Just as interesting: Two members posting here continued to make purchase inquiries (even price negotiations) regarding the item; even while engaging in their childish comments regarding our Shoppe Cupere store or practices. Apparently collecting HAL is just as interesting; but lends itself to being a handy price negotiation tool.

It could easily be misconstrued that their opinions and posts were nothing more than an intent to effect the interest of others or change a market price. Given their complete absence of sharing the exampled link in their public posts… speaks volumes.

=3= Copyrighted photographs were not only published without the owner’s permission (that would be me); they were blatantly exchanged as stolen property. Please see forum rules:

“All postings, and photographs become the property of MHF, and you agree to release, once you post, all material to MHF and release any other claims to your property.”

‘Alikat’ does not hold any legal claim, expressed or implied, to the copyright of these images. Alikat did not have permission to publish them, via any media, let alone give away all rights to them. Giving away legal right to something that you do not own is engaging in the exchange of stolen property. If there should be any question as to international vs domestic copyright law; there is certainly very little question as to what is or is not stolen property.

With anything posted on the internet, there is a certain expected, implied, and accepted level of sharing (in many forms) of all things published via the internet. It is one of the charms of the unique experience that the internet offers above all other publication mediums. But publishing and/or giving away ownership of copyrighted material without a legal release from the owner… these actions cross over and beyond any accepted, expected levels of sharing and into a very well defined area of copyright law.

I should also note that Alikat gained access to the images through misrepresentation of intended use. (Questionable ethics to say the least).

Permission was requested to use the images to have the object in the images ‘authenticated’. Permission to publish or give away copyright claims was not requested, not implied, and certainly not given.

‘Authentication’ has an implied professional and legal definition.

Referring back to board rules:

“We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.”

That statement, single-handedly, acknowledges that these forums (and the exchange of messages within) are not a means of authenticating any object by any definition. Professional, legal, or otherwise.

= = = = =

We have, many times, given permission to educational sites to use our materials for research publications. Online and in print. Any such permissions always come with a clearly written, legal permission of any materials for which permissions are granted. We have not (ever) given away copyright claims or rights to our own materials even when permission to use them was granted.

We did not give this site or anyone posting on this site, the permission to own, claim, or publish our materials. *If* permission had been requested, then we likely would have given permission for one of the images in question to be published for the sake of intellectual debate. We would not have given away all claims or copyright to the image. We simply would have granted permission to publish that single image for educational or intellectual research purposes. HOWEVER – permission was not requested. It was not given. And considering our property was acquired under false pretenses, published without permission, exchanged as stolen property, and used to slander our shop rather than engage in anything intellectual… such permission would never be granted to this site. We fully support the intellectual and educational exchange of information and ideas. We do not provide support for, or contribute to, sites that engage in the behavior as witnesses here.

===

I am requesting that THIS message remain in this thread; and that this thread be permitted to remain public, exactly as it is, for the same number of days that it has already been posted with the damaging comments and stolen materials. After those days have completed, I am requesting that this thread be removed from the site completely.
    If this request is granted, I will consider this to be adequate compensation for any damages or offense that was occurred in the mis-use of our property. If this request is granted, I will be quite happy to let it rest without any further action or comment. And all considerations noted – I think this is very little to ask.

Sincerely,
    Sage
    Marjorie & Sage Shoppe Cupere
    Goodness gracious! As an easily excitable person myself, may I suggest you drink more tea and less coffee? I didn't see anything rude in the responses posted, just a bit of playful weariness in seeing this issue come up rather often, over and over again, with pieces of faked or misunderstood silverware. The site that you linked to is not *IMHO*(no legal authority implied or intended, not valid in any state or territory, worth less than a politician's promise) the best authority for pricing, and if that piece sold as a LAH piece, then someone with deep pockets is going to be really disappointed down the road. (*not to be intended as an expert opinion, legal, extralegal, extraterrestrial, or otherwise) It's common practice to show photos on this site and others like it to vet a piece before buying it, read through the forum, and you'll see this. If someone was trying to use your photos to sell something that they didn't own(which has happened to forum members before) that'd be a different story. The OP was just trying to get an opinion on a piece that he wanted to buy and went about it in a 100% standard way. The fact that you are so defensive about your piece doesn't bode well for the item, and I would steer far away from a seller who acted in such a manner.

At what point did I express anything defensive about the piece? I took offense to quite a number of things and the teapot was not even close to the list. I think I was quite clear about all things disturbing. I think the entire content of your message shows that you already know this. (The sarcastic, faux idiocy added to the end of your otherwise seemingly benign post would seem to be verification of this).

You boys continue your conversation. I’m sure you don’t need any grown-ups ruining the fun.

?

At what point did I express anything defensive about the piece? I took offense to quite a number of things and the teapot was not even close to the list. I think I was quite clear about all things disturbing. I think the entire content of your message shows that you already know this. (The sarcastic, faux idiocy added to the end of your otherwise seemingly benign post would seem to be verification of this).

You boys continue your conversation. I’m sure you don’t need any grown-ups ruining the fun.
    Your entire deportation and use of the dismissive term "boys" along with the faux legalese that you employed is suuuuuuuuuuuuuper defensive. Some less kind places on the internet might even describe it as "butthurt". I won't do that however, because we are gentlemen and ladies here, and not "boys". Best of luck, and I hope this remains the top google search so that you constantly are reminded of it as you "research" your pieces. A seller with nothing to hide would have no problem vetting a piece. It hurts to find out that something isn't what you thought it was, of all people, the posters of this forum know this very well.

P.S. "Faux-idiocy" is a nonsensical statement, "faux-legalistic-idiocy" however, would make sense. Also "benign" means "gentle", or "calm". You probably mean "banal" which means "unoriginal", "boring", or "repetitive".

Thanks, it shows what a sad world it is the world of "grown-ups"!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast