MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fallschirmjager dinner spoon set

Article about: hi folks thought i would show these silver plate para spoons here as i know we have pierre who collects these type of collectables. i was wondering the fair market price to ask on these case

Default fallschirmjager dinner spoon set

hi folks thought i would show these silver plate para spoons here as i know we have pierre who collects these type of collectables.

i was wondering the fair market price to ask on these cased spoons or what they would roughly sell for? also anyone know the maker?.

insignia is missing from the top of the box which i took to be a normal luft bird by the shape of the pin holes?

thanks for any help guys

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fallschirmjager dinner spoon set  
    Attached Images Attached Images fallschirmjager dinner spoon set  fallschirmjager dinner spoon set  fallschirmjager dinner spoon set  fallschirmjager dinner spoon set  fallschirmjager dinner spoon set 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fallschirmjager dinner spoon set
    P
    Many

Default Re: fallschirmjager dinner spoon set

Hi Ewan, sorry but to be brutally honest I an not keen on them.

The big problem with anything like this is they are essentially "one off's" at best if original.

My concern is the silver solder looks new and not oxidised where the insignia is affixed.

There is a roaring trade in flea markets in Europe where fakers buy any old silverware and then add bogus inscriptions, dedications or peices of insignia to turn them into something new....

The insignia is certainly made from a stick pin.

I don't know what you paid for these, but I would advise you to at least try and get your money back.

Cheers, Ade.

ade i always listen to yourself and thats not so good is it the solder does look new in that scan but is much darker and normal looking in hand but i fear you are correct as i always thought the maker stamp etc to the rear dont look in tune with the insignia to the other side? gadz who knows. cheers ade

p.s ade dont you also think it would have had a para badge to the case? instead of a standard luftwaffe egale?

Hi Ewan, I really wish I could be more positive for you. I cannot say with 100% certainty about these. But my general advice would be to steer clear of exotic items like these. They are just too easy to make up.

The badge to me looks like it was a Luftwaffe cap eagle going by the holes to the lid.

Cheers, Ade.

One would expect the insigna and the spoon being like casted in one forme with the spoon.
    I would also say a post war faked item.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

hi ade you are prob right mate these wont be a prob to go back so no harm to me atleast........thanks mate

Ewan,

I never seen before a cutlery with this logo ! i remark is the same pattern of my set.
    (strange) because i have only one set of cutlery with doubt , the same pattern of your.
    Real / fake ? i am not sure , 50/50 , i buy this set 5 0r 6 years before ( low price ) and i make a research about this cutlery, and i never find anything , only one place in the web, i find one for sale ,
    i know is not a proof of originality!!

i put a pic from the web , showing some boxes of cutlery found in the storeroom after war

Pierre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fallschirmjager dinner spoon set  
    Attached Images Attached Images fallschirmjager dinner spoon set  fallschirmjager dinner spoon set 

pierre the solder around the insignia on these para chappies is like yours in hand the scans make it like i just done it. but i am not really convinced as when looking at the maker and the silver plate 90 mark they tie in with the spoon but the insignia just doesnt mach the spoons and the marks. may i please see the back side of your silverware? also i have seen these style of knifes before as in with the step down pieces the shape at the end with and without nazi marks this is what throws me. its just one of those items that will keep you???

sorry if you or google translator cannot understand what i say but it is 4:30

thanks guys.

hi pierre here is the pictures you wanted to see. as you can see they have more of a overall patina and solder is not so bright as in the scans.

also ade here it is next to a stickpin and the cutlrey insignia is a little smaller than the pin also.

cheers ewan

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture fallschirmjager dinner spoon set   fallschirmjager dinner spoon set  

fallschirmjager dinner spoon set   fallschirmjager dinner spoon set  

Hi Ewan, thanks for the extra pics.

The size differential could be due to casting shrinkage.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast