Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmjajer Porcelain

Article about: Excellent piece!

Default Fallschirmjajer Porcelain

Greetings Everyone,

I will admit I usually hang out in the flags forum however I just received this piece is the hopes someone has seen something like this before and to present minor research I have conducted thus far. First, the pictures. What you are looking at is two separate pieces from the same source purchased years ago at the SOS, both with the exact maker mark. Obviously one is a common mess hall coffee pot of a larger variety and something else you don’t see everyday, a Fallschirmjajer marked salad bowl with handles. My area for the last ten yeas is porcelain, it is what I do in this hobby (and flags to some extent) and I have never seen of, or heard of everything like it. One positive note that has me feeling really good about the both is that if you have time, please view the below link. It has the exact markings for Heinrich & Co as present and is dated in production from 1938 to 1945. The same marking is also shown as present on the Fallschirmjajer and shows production from 1939 onwards. So at least I know that indeed this company produced the exact pattern during the war and have the luft coffee pot with the "exact" detailing (examine the bird styling) telling us that, "Germany" and all. I also thought is was reasonable to believe that if Heinrich & Co produced Luft Mess Porcelain, I think that they might produce other items for the Luft as well? I don’t know and am still doing so massive digging, my goal in posting this lies in the hopes of someone in this neck of the wood could shed some light on this piece between the many knowledgeable collectors out there.

http://porzellankompass.de/index.php...&tid=2&pid=137
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjajer Porcelain   Fallschirmjajer Porcelain  

Fallschirmjajer Porcelain   Fallschirmjajer Porcelain  

Fallschirmjajer Porcelain  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjajer Porcelain
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Fallschirmjajer Porcelain

The mark with the drooptail eagle appears to be a fired lithograph decal on top of the glaze. The makers mark is under the glaze.
    Is this common with pottery made with these marks or is this a postwar creation?

An interesting thing, for sure. A couple of odd questions come to mind-the Heinrich porcelain mark on the teapot seems to be different than it should for the era. Here is a site to show what i mean: http://porzellankompass.de/index.php...&tid=2&pid=137 Do you have a different site that shows it the way you have it here?
    Second,while I like the FJ bowl quite abit, I have to say that of all the messhall china that I've seen over the years, I've never seen such a marked piece before(which doesn't mean, of course, that it didn't exist-simply that I've never seen one). In fact, I would be more inclined to believe the bowl over the teapot, as the FJ emblem seems to be glazed in as it should be.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Wagriffs porcelean reference ( which is a damned good site ) lists a luftwaffe mark on period ware shows a different eagle in the the tail is not drooped like the teapot and the HC mark being different also.
    I can't really speak to the falshirmjager mark as far as originality is concerned but with a gut feeling I like it and it is under the clear glaze.

?

Wagriffs porcelean reference ( which is a damned good site ) lists a luftwaffe mark on period ware shows a different eagle in the the tail is not drooped like the teapot and the HC mark being different also. Please note photo and compare.
    I can't really speak to the falshirmjager mark as far as originality is concerned but with a gut feeling I like it and it is under the clear glaze.
    Attached Images Attached Images Fallschirmjajer Porcelain 

Gentleman, Thanks for the response. Wagriff, Like you, In all my years collecting I have never seen one either. Exotic porcelains is what I collect and pay attention to, and never have I seen any Fallschirmjajer Mess stuff. One thing that I have compiled is a ever evolving catalog of fake porcelains and this doesn’t have any characteristics/styling of fakes at least know by me. Its so hard to examine without completely having it you hand, however, I am really starting to warm up to this piece the more I examine it. One person I know stated, The emblem looks kind of of small (It is) I don’t know if that fact would work for it or against it". I got to thinking about his comment and (about size of dime), I have never seen fake decals in this size range either. There is a selection of police china that is circulating with the mark on its face that alot of people buy as real. The color is one of the main things you have to pay attention too as well. Any "off" colors (like the police stuff) In all of my experience in porcelains, and given the level of distribution fakes receive (they don’t just make one) I’m really, really beginning to like this piece. Its important to note that when holding the bowl itself, its of a better quality porcelain than that found in the mess stuff. It’s of a finer weight if you know what I mean? Why were on the subject of porcelain, I have included pictures of my set of 16 Von Ribbentrop diplomatic state dinner service. How I know that these are indeed period is that I sent a letter to KPM and they were nice enough to send me verifications that not only did they manufacture them, they had records saying that they were made in July of 1939 and "this set" was used for State diplomatic dinners held by Von Ribbentrop. I also have alot of other cool porcelains I would be willing to show if there is any interest. Anyways, please continue to lend any help of info you might have. I am much more inclined to give this a thumbs up? What do you all say?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjajer Porcelain   Fallschirmjajer Porcelain  

I can't comment on originality, but it certainly looks really good.

I for one would be happy to see more of your ceramic pieces.

My only piece, Luftwaffe mess hall bowl.

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I am thinking that I would also have to go out on a limb here and say that I think the FJ piece may be good, as well. If it's a fake, it's a Damned well made one. I can't imagine what it was made for or who used it and,more importantly, why there's never been any other pieces showing up with the same pattern,but for now, I'd say give it a green light. Who knows? It could be a private purchase vanity order by an FJ Officer for his own set with this particular piece being the only survivor of the war? Until more pieces ever show up-If they ever Do,we may never know.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wagriff,

Thanks for the response, I have sent out some emails and did some other digging around and nobody I have been able to contact has ever seen or heard of anything like it. I have had a intense interest in this field of collecting and one thing I have to say that you can identify through their circulation cycles. When stuff like this is faked they make more than one and I can tell you by holding this thing in hand is that it is very old. A point I want to make in reference to wondering who might have used it? I want to state the consistency of the piece is of a lighter, high quality, than the mess stuff. A little more towards the "fine dining" spectrum of crockery. I am really enthused about the piece and appreciate every bodies insight. Keep it coming, help me break it down....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmjajer Porcelain  

Check out this piece in my collection. I can't help but think of the historical value these flags represent and just thought I would show you guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast