Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flag pole eagle

Article about: Hi guys I've been offered this flag pole topper can't find a makers mark . what do you guys think . thank you for looking Gary

?

Default Flag pole eagle

Hi guys I've been offered this flag pole topper can't find a makers mark . what do you guys think . thank you for looking Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flag pole eagle   Flag pole eagle  

Flag pole eagle   Flag pole eagle  

Flag pole eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flag pole eagle
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

I don't like it . Looks very rough . Here is one that I have to compare , although it could stand a good cleaning . Hope this helps .
    Raz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flag pole eagle   Flag pole eagle  

Flag pole eagle   Flag pole eagle  

?

Very nice that one looks to be made of aluminum. The one I'm being offered is made of brass with a silver wash.

?

I really don't know much about these but I'd like to make an observation that the eagle exhibits a lot of casting flaws and imperfections easily seen in the last photo. These types of flaws and pock marks are usually associated with fake castings. That being said, I don't know how originals were manufactured so that may be the norm for these eagles. Here are some images of a similar one. while it shows imperfections in the silver finish, you'll note there are no imperfections or marks in the actual metal.

Regards, Al

CREDIT: Telesmanich

Flag pole eagle

Flag pole eagle

?

Al I agree thats the first thing I noticed was the flaws and no makers mark that's why I posted it here . thank you for looking and taking the time to help . Gary

?

Gary, if you open the two photo's in different windows on your pc and compare them side by side, the dimensions and detail appear to be identical. The only problem are those marks, bubbles and flaws which are so clearly visible. My understanding is that fakes are made from molds based on originals but the actual process leaves all those imperfections visible. I could still be wrong on this one and maybe someone who is very familiar with these can give a definitive answer.

Good luck, Al

?

Thanks Al this is why I am buying more American items and less and less German .

raz
    ?

Gary , mine is not aluminum I think it is nickel plated . I don't know what metal is under the plating but it sure isn't aluminum . I also have this one which I have had for over 50 years but am not sure it is original . It has a lot of detail in the chest feathers and is also brass .

Flag pole eagleFlag pole eagle