Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flag top original?

Article about: Hi Carl , Having collected this stuff for many years and having stopped because of all the "is it isn't it Bullshit" its nice feels amongst friends who just want to enjoy what they

?

Default Flag top original?

Would be glad of members opinion of this. There are no markings on it.Flag top original?Flag top original?Flag top original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flag top original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flag top original?

The detail doesnt look so good to me ,normally the casting is alot crisper but see what everyone else thinks

?

Alex- first model eagle flag pole top used by the NSDAP - nice period piece although it looks like it did get some polishing.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

So Horst, you reckon it might be genuine.As kradman says, I would have expected the casting to be better.I never knew what to make of it, so expert opinion is very welcome. Thanks,Alex

?

Alex - Yes, I like the detail in the claws and wreath, over time and rubbing some details as well as the black on the swaz has been removed - heres mine check it out you can tell that they both reflect the period,

Horst

Flag top original?

?

Horst, I can see you know your stuff.Its great having access to such well informed collectors.To be honest I have never even thought of it as genuine,so its a real bonus to find that it probably is. Thanks again, All the best , Alex

?

I know I have posted this before, but one thing bothers me about it, its the lack of any hole in the bottom by which it was attached to the flagpole.Do you see this as a problem regarding authenticity? Thanks, AlexFlag top original?Flag top original?Flag top original?

?

Alex- that hole as you call it(Round piece) is a loose section and most of the time is missing as its lost to time - on yours the screw part which goes through the round piece and then into the pole top looks like it also has been cut off but overall its a real period piece in my eyes . Who knows what was done to it by the vet and various hands through time 60+ years.
    Horst

?

Hi Horst, again I have to thank you for your indepth knowledge.I have learned more since having joined WRF than my previous 30 yrs. All the bedst , Alex

?

I for one am glad to see a new member showing their appreciation, and thanking a more senior member for their time and willingness to share their knowledge. It makes such a refreshing change from "is it real and what is it worth?". Well done Alex and a belated welcome to the forum.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast