Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German army plaque up for review authentication

Article about: Guys i got this quite awhile ago and would like to get some opinions. Wood base is about 8" tall 7" wide. The metal centerpiece measures 6"x6" roughly and is marked with

Default German army plaque up for review authentication

Guys i got this quite awhile ago and would like to get some opinions. Wood base is about 8" tall 7" wide. The metal centerpiece measures 6"x6" roughly and is marked with the letters HB in a circle. Wood base is quite hefty and the metal seems to have abit of rust flecks poking through the silver wash with a decent patina. I believe it to be an original piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images German army plaque up for review authentication  German army plaque up for review authentication  German army plaque up for review authentication  German army plaque up for review authentication  German army plaque up for review authentication 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German army plaque up for review authentication
    P
    Many

The metal plaque does indeed look original but I would hesitate to say that the wood that it is attached to is original to the piece. I believe the plaque was attached to this post war. I am looking at the vertical and horizontal lathed slots to hang this on a wall and I just don't believe this would be period correct..

Smitty

Smitty thanks for the input. I thought the wood had a shot at being period, i suppose someone wanted the relief on a nicer looking piece of wood? The relief looks period and is marked correctly, i do have a frederick the great statue with the same makers mark dated 1940. I would like to hear others opinions as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images German army plaque up for review authentication 

TWS
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    The metal plaque does indeed look original but I would hesitate to say that the wood that it is attached to is original to the piece. I believe the plaque was attached to this post war. I am looking at the vertical and horizontal lathed slots to hang this on a wall and I just don't believe this would be period correct..

Smitty
    I agree with Smitty.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."