Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

German band pin

Article about: Picked this little sucker up tonight anybody ever seen one . Gary

?

Default German band pin

Picked this little sucker up tonight anybody ever seen one . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German band pin   German band pin  

German band pin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German band pin
    P
    Many

?

Nobody ever seen one

German Marching Band badge, Spielmannszug. Not sure it is military but as the Germans did a lot of marching about to music before the war it might have belonged to a civil marching band. The maker did produce orders during the TR period I think.

Gary: That is a nice-looking pin and as Blackcat1982 said, it represents a Spielmannszug, which is a relatively small marching band composed primarily of drums, one or two Lyres, and flutes. Some also include trumpets and other brass instruments. The presence of the Swastika might imply some sort of connection to the NSDAP, but it could also be representative of a city or town civilian band from the NSDAP era. Spielmannszüge are very common in Germany today. Below are two of photos of SA Spielmannszüge in Berlin in the mid-1930’s. Where did you find the pin? Dwight

German band pin

The first picture is an SA band in the Berlin district, Staaken. The lower photo is also SA in Berlin, Stadtmitte.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German band pin  

?

Drmessimer I picked the pin up at an auction it's the first I have ever seen .guys I thank you both(you to black cat ) for all the information . I've been looking all over the web for what this pin could be for. Thank you again Gary

Gary, it was a pleasure, Dwight