Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German Desk Eagle/Soldier Art?

Article about: Hey guys, I picked this up the other day by chance and was hoping it panned out to be real. I don't know anything about them besides it caught my eye. The shells are definitely 8mm shells an

Default German Desk Eagle/Soldier Art?

Hey guys, I picked this up the other day by chance and was hoping it panned out to be real. I don't know anything about them besides it caught my eye. The shells are definitely 8mm shells and the eagle is solid. Has a maker on the back but it doesn't tell me much. The base seems to be fairly heavy. It's probably 5 pounds if I had to guess. Any comments or thoughts on this item are appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Desk Eagle/Soldier Art?   German Desk Eagle/Soldier Art?  

German Desk Eagle/Soldier Art?   German Desk Eagle/Soldier Art?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Desk Eagle/Soldier Art?
    P
    Many

My initial thought was that it was a flag pole topper. It seems the right diameter at the base for a flag pole.

It doesn't strike me as being an American-made item. We've had a lot of strange Eagles but not one like this.

Hello Jerry. I m not totally familiar with all the variants of desk eagles but my though s are this one is post war. The eagle doesn't appear to be any one I can associate to any TR era organizations. The casting line that intersects at the body and continues up over the head is unfinished. And the swaz and interior space around the wreath looks rough cast. If it's heavy that I wouldn't suspect it's a former flag pole topper. And the shells contradict the desk ornament theme. It's a good looking piece for display however and if the price was right I d of bought it to. But JMO others may know definitvely? Best regards.

Brian

It was only $100 gamble

Quote by JerryB52 View Post
    It was only $100 gamble
    I'd of probably taken it to, if it was put in auction I d bet it do as well. Best regards.

Brian