Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German forks with strange marking - original or not?

Article about: I just got a box of German forks, in unused condition and with strange stamp. Stamp remembers me german eagle but is very small. I personally have not ever seen such marking.

Default German forks with strange marking - original or not?

I just got a box of German forks, in unused condition and with strange stamp. Stamp remembers me german eagle but is very small. I personally have not ever seen such marking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German forks with strange marking - original or not?   German forks with strange marking - original or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German forks with strange marking - original or not?
    P
    Many

?

Localy made perhaps?

?

It reminds me of the eagle proof mark seen on P08 Lugers.

The metal itself looks awfully course-almost like cast. The shine on them is unusual also-what are they made of, do you know? The stampings look much like waffenampts -can you make out the letters/numbers beneath the eagles? Here is a listing of the waffenampt codes and what they were used on.
    Waffenamt codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Correct , the stamp is the weapons proof stamp often seen for sale on ebay , they have sold many ,
    Seller is in Poland .

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The metal itself looks awfully course-almost like cast. The shine on them is unusual also-what are they made of, do you know? The stampings look much like waffenampts -can you make out the letters/numbers beneath the eagles? Here is a listing of the waffenampt codes and what they were used on.
    Waffenamt codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I didn't know they had a name! Thank you for posting this information.

There does appear to be waffenampts on these forks. So unless the Germans got really low on weapons near the end of the war and had to improvise and create Besteck-Staffel , I'm thinking these are a postwar addition to postwar cutlery.

Waffenampts were simply manufacturer codes that were marked on any variety of different items-not just weaponry. As seen on the list of code markings, they were used with leather goods, metal products,etc etc. These forks, however, are not ringing true, to my eyes. As Australia noted, they are apparently coming from Poland and I'm tending to think that they are brand new-as shown by the poor metal quality of them. I can not imagine why they would be marked in the fashion that they are, if they were original.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yep - they look like repros moulded from original cutlery
    with fake waffenamt markings, IMO.........
    Regards,

Steve.

My fork from dad brought back I have showed it many times is marked FBCM (Rostfri) and a political type eagle I have never seen a Waa on them not to say they don't exist there not even found on private purchase cutlery I too would be suspicious of it. Maybe I am out of line here. timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast