Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

German Glass Gobblet

Article about: Has anyone ever seen one of these before? No markings. Just the eagle engraved in the glass. Had it for a number of years and am just throwing it out there to see if anyone could identify. H

MAP
    ?

Default German Glass Gobblet

Has anyone ever seen one of these before? No markings. Just the eagle engraved in the glass. Had it for a number of years and am just throwing it out there to see if anyone could identify.

Had a hard time getting the camara to focus so the pic is not so crisp as I would like.

With the naked eye under normal light conditions it appears to be a very dark blue or black but with some back light (see around the rim above the eagle) it is actually a very dark brown.

It is 8 inches (20cm) high with a weight of 2.5lbs

Another observation (I'm not a glass expert) but the actual glass is clear (as you can see with the engraved eagle). It appears to have been tinted Brown (inside and out)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

German Glass GobbletGerman Glass Gobblet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Glass Gobblet
    P
    Many

Is it a wine glass? Is it for drinking. Whether old or new, the eagle is well made. Never seen anything like it.

MAP
    ?

Not deep enough for beer. Too large for schnaps. Has to be wine. Cup depth~ 8cm/3.5inches and width is 7.5cm/3inches.

I've asked everyone I know. Same answer..."Never seen anything like it" :-)

Thanks!

I like it. Looks like a period piece to me.........
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Steve. Bought from my childhood friend in need of cash many years ago. He got it at a garage sale. Would love to know if its real or not for sure and maybe what it is? Kriegs, Wehrmacht, Political???. But I think its really cool.

To me it looks Patriotic. Like something you might place
    on the mantle or bring out for special occasions.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Looks period to me.. any markings at all..its a nice item

Unusual eagles, for sure. Not quite Politicals and not quite Heer...interesting.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I really like it , if i remember rightly there was one of these shown on another thread on this forum , i swear it was one of the digging threads. But for the life of me i can't find it. Would really like to own one of these. Nice piece.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Everone. Appreciate the feedback. And still we are stumped.

Jimm -Not sure if you are talking about the Odd's & Ends thread. I did include it in a picture with a bunch of other "Odd's & Ends". Figured I would post it here on it's own. If you were talking of another thread let me know if you remember. As noted I purchased it from my friend. He had it for years and we had an agreement that I had first dibs if he ever sold it. It was not cheap by any means but the $ was not the issue. I just really wanted it. Value of items is not important for me per se but I would be interested in what something like this goes for. I guess with these one off items there it is really what someone is willing to pay.

Wizard: Absolutely no marking but will check again tonight when I'm home from work.

William/Steve: Agree, unusual eagle but cut very nicely. Does not fully match the Wehrmacht or Kriegs eagle so could be a private period piece for a home. I'll see if I can get a close up but the camera has a hard time.

Keep the suggestions coming please!!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast