Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German pen holder

Article about: Good afternoon, Recently i bought this German pen holder. I have never come by such an item, and i'm wondering if it is original, and if so what the value is. I hope you guys can provide me

Default German pen holder

Good afternoon,

Recently i bought this German pen holder.
    I have never come by such an item, and i'm wondering if it is original, and if so what the value is.
    I hope you guys can provide me with information, i would really appreciate that.

Kind Regards.

P.s. the item has been cleaned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German pen holder   German pen holder  

German pen holder  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German pen holder
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I am sorry, we do not do evaluations.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, good to know that.
    Any idea if it is original though?

IMHO, the quality of this item is not good. The swastika is very crude, and the wood looks new. I'd say it has a zero chance of being a original piece.

I agree. It doesn't display the sort of quality of finish you would expect of a desk ornament. The wood is roughly finished, the pen holders look like cut off sections of brass tubing and why the tiny swastika on the front?. Inspires little confidence to me.

I would like to see the underside - and, if the cover has a pad or something underneath, what it looks like. It could well be a period piece but craft made.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I have a feeling this is not a Third Reich item but the swastika was a widely used luck symbol so it could just be a 30s/40s perosnal item.

ok - quick question........why the hell would anyone make that unless it was to deceive. someone has gotten a lump of wood, a few brass cases and stuck a swastika on it and hey presto - it's real!! ................not!! - sorry

It does have a look reminiscent of the fantasy pieces that regularly crop up on eBay. Would be interested to find out if it was acquired from a certain seller I've been keeping an eye on, who seems to sell nothing but embellished tat. There's always the chance this could be genuine, but without rock-solid provenance there's absolutely no way of ascertaining it.

B.B.

Don't be too quick to write it off... it could be a piece of trench art, much of which was rather crudely done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast