Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Sports Award Bronze statue help needed

Article about: Hi All, I know nothing about this stuff in particular, but I am collecting some HJ and TR sporting items lately, I would love to add this to my collection, I think its a really nice piece, c

Default German Sports Award Bronze statue help needed

Hi All,
    I know nothing about this stuff in particular, but I am collecting some HJ and TR sporting items lately, I would love to add this to my collection, I think its a really nice piece, can you tell me your thoughts and what it was issued for? does it look right? anything missing from it? anybody else have something similiar? its made of bronze and is about 12 inches high, Thanks for any info you can offer
    German Sports Award Bronze statue help neededGerman Sports Award Bronze statue help neededGerman Sports Award Bronze statue help neededGerman Sports Award Bronze statue help neededGerman Sports Award Bronze statue help needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Sports Award Bronze statue help needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Sports Award Bronze statue help needed

This was an award sponsored by a business firm, Firma Boecker for a 100m run...I see no indication of HJ or Party involvement...
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you glenn, I was wondering why there were no party symbols on it, and here I thought Firma Boecker was the recipients name lol I guess it would not fit in with my TR items.....

why not,its period german.

Yes harry that is true, but I was hoping it was a hitler jugend award or from a DRL event, the price is 150 which seems high for not being party related so I will have to ponder over my decision.

It is also missing either a torch or a spear in his left hand.
    Morris

It is also missing either a torch or a spear in his left hand.
    That is what I thought also but I translated the writing and it roughly says "the site running champion 100" meters I assume, so I believe the pose is a runner breaking across the finish line, even though it does look like that hand should be holding something.......maybe its a desktop paperwieght pen holder lol

Default Re: German Sports Award Bronze statue help needed, DAF?

I did alittle bit of research and came across this photo showing a very similiar award being held by a member of the DAF, since the award I am asking about was presented by a business it is possible they held a track and field event for the workers, possible???
    German Sports Award Bronze statue help needed

I believe that's the case...it was an event for the workers.
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks glenn, I love doing the detective work, I think I will try to pick this one up and display it as such with the photo, and maybe a DAF item also, it should make for a nice presentation.