MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

German Sports Flag

Article about: this is for sale as a TR Sports Flag. The eagle is different to the NSRL / DRL flag i have. I have also seen another one on the Collectors Guild with a different eagle. So my questions are,

Default German Sports Flag

this is for sale as a TR Sports Flag. The eagle is different to the NSRL / DRL flag i have. I have also seen another one on the Collectors Guild with a different eagle. So my questions are, is this one original and also how many different designs of this particular flag are there? Any help as always gratefully appreciated.
    thanks
    nic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Sports Flag   German Sports Flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Sports Flag
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Sports Flag

H Nic, I would actually class this as a standard and not a flag due to the multiple suspension loops.

The design of the eagle does indeed vary between makers. This one does have a rather "cartoon" style eagle, but I am happy it is original.

Here is another flag with a similar but again different design:

FL-102 Unfinished DRL/NSRL Flag

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: German Sports Flag

Thank you Adrian for the reply and the example on Ruptured Duck. I have owned a NSRL flag for some time and noticed a couple of variations to the eagle in the past but just recently have realised there are more different eagle styles for this flag than i had previously assumed. The standard is up for $300 so i will make an offer!