MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback.

Article about: Oh dear.... He's left the chip pan on again!!

Default Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback.

Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback.Hi, I have No idea where these two items are from or what they were used for. Very interesting they caught my eye and were part of a veterans collection with other real items he had brought back (came in a WW2 Grenade Box!)...Figured I'd take a shot. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback.   Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback.  

Last edited by NewEnglandCollector; 06-27-2012 at 03:01 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback.

Looks like plaques of hitler and Josef goebbles....

Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback. Most definitely a plaque of Josef Goebbels, as it is his classic weak chinned jelly bean ear profile shot. Can't say that I've ever seen another like it before. I can't imagine even in Nazi era Germany who would have admired Goebbels enough to have a plaque of him. I would think, it would have been like having a big portrait on your wall of Joe Biden...Very unusual.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I uploaded a pic of the corner of the Goebbles Plaque, I am not familiar enough with these items to know whose initials they are, maybe a rare artist or something...these were supposedly taken off the wall somewhere in Berlin and after the war they made their way back home.

Im trying to go over my books to find something in the background...wondering if they were owned by someone important before our G.I.'s and the Red Army got to redecorating!

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback. Most definitely a plaque of Josef Goebbels, as it is his classic weak chinned jelly bean ear profile shot....Very unusual.
    So much for the 'Aryan Ubermensch' theory.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    So much for the 'Aryan Ubermensch' theory.........!
    Funny how the main players in the Nazi hierarchy didn't really conform to the 'ideal' Germanic stereotype they loved to portray.

Look at Hitler, Himmler, Goebbels, Goering, Bormann, Hess for example. Hardly members of the stereotypical Aryan race they wished to create. I wonder why no-one seemed to question it at the time..............!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Probably for the same reason I doubt that Himmler lost many Tennis matches...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Probably for the same reason I doubt that Himmler lost many Tennis matches...
    He had a 130kph serve..........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

New balls please....? Erm...I thought it was A.H. who couldn't play a second serve??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Funny how the main players in the Nazi hierarchy didn't really conform to the 'ideal' Germanic stereotype they loved to portray.

Look at Hitler, Himmler, Goebbels, Goering, Bormann, Hess for example. Hardly members of the stereotypical Aryan race they wished to create. I wonder why no-one seemed to question it at the time..............!
    Indeed! You would expect them to all look like Curt Jurgens !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Got something I'd like to share, 2 plaques vet bringback. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast