Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

A.H Ash tray

Article about: Hi all, Picked this up via a deceased estate at auction sometime ago .It was purchased by me as an unknown piece ,and was alledgedly picked up during the war .I have read the various discuss

Default Re: A.H Ash tray

But apart from that, i guess it shows how much fake stuff there is makes me sad.
    how can i trust anything anymore >.< with such sophisticated fakes.

If you truly want to learn the ins and outs of this hobby I would respectfullly suggest you pay the $25 gold membership fee for this forum and get educated by honest collectors with no agenda other than to help.

Then you can collect with knowledge and confidence.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A.H Ash tray
    P
    Many

Sovint - there is nothing too strange that a collector keeps an item in his collecion for many years and then sells it. Or if You can get a big collection you will sell it for years. There are also a lot of original militaria Snyder sells but unfortunatelly all original stuff is mixed with the fakes. Personally I do not belive that he sells fakes by accident and I can not understand why he is still in freedom and not in a jail. Maybe some our forum members from USA can expalin it. I belive selling fakes is also a criminal offence in USA.

Frundsberg: It is illegal to knowingly sell fake or counterfeit items by describing them as genuinein the United States. The problem with the law is that to successfully prosecute the case, the state has to show that the seller knew that what he was selling was not genuine. If the seller can show due dilligence in establishing that the item is genuine, he isn't in violation of the law. The question for the jury is, what constitutes due diligence? In the case of someone like Snyder who regularly sells fakes, the state might be able to make a case on the volume of sales against the ratio of genuine to fake items sold, But that requires that the state do the research on all items sold to establish the ratio of real to fake. In short, selling under false pretenses is a tough case to make especially when the seller deals in world-wide volume sales. And he can still argue the due dilligence defense. We have a saying here, there is no justice; just the practice of law. It's frustrating for those of us who see things pretty much in black and white--it's either real or its not. I could go on and on but this is basically the situation here. Dwight

Actually friend...they are not sophisticated fakes to the educated and to the teachable. Welcome to the Forum...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks, drmessimer! Maybe it is also because he sells III Reich fakes? I do not similar things can happen for 20-30 years with other antique dealers who are selling obvious fakes. Just his customers do not want to go to the court. "I brought Eva Brauns underpants and I belive they are no genuine":-)

Frundesberg: You are right that getting any sort of legal action started would require someone who had been defrauded making the initial complaint to either the US Poast Office or a local, county, or state police agency. That alone could be a daunting undertaking, not to mention frustrating. The only other option would be to interest an attorney who could file a class-action suit against the dealer. That might or might not be expensive for the person hiring the attorney. In any event, it would take someone who felt seriously grieved to stat the ball rolling, assuming the ball could be made to roll. Dwight

Quote by sovint View Post
    I am sory, i trust you guys who have nothing to gain, alot more than him. But if i dont ask these questions, i wont learn why he has been judged the way he has. And fyi, aparently he has over 100 new items weekkly, and has sold over 20,000 items. its obviosuly impossible for him to get that. did he take a container ship to germany to pick up the things he looted? lol he is still unpacking it and selling stuff like "rommels cap" whome he got off his widow in the 1970s, doesnt make sense. why would he sell it in 2013, when he has had it since the 70s, and has been in business many years. that doesnt make sense., he would have flogged that off as soon as he went into business.

But apart from that, i guess it shows how much fake stuff there is makes me sad.
    how can i trust anything anymore >.< with such sophisticated fakes.
    Hi, learn from this forum and you will have a bright future as a collector.
    Listen to what you have been told, especially about Mr Snyder.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6