Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

A.H. Flatware Set

Article about: 32 peices of A.H. flatware taken by a GI attached to the 329th Harbor Craft Company from Hitlers Launch the "Hansastadt Koln". This launch was presented to AH by the city of Koln,G

?

Default A.H. Flatware Set

32 peices of A.H. flatware taken by a GI attached to the 329th Harbor Craft Company from Hitlers Launch the "Hansastadt Koln". This launch was presented to AH by the city of Koln,Germany with all the trimmings i.e. interior needs. During the occupation of Koln and its Rhine river harbor a G.I assigned to the above unit took the flatware as a war trophy. This unit was responsible for cleaning up ships,barges etc once the areas were occupied and getting them back into operating condition.
    I picked this set up at the estate sale of the G.I.s as his family members were selling off everything after his death to include the family home.The flatware was still stored in his old footlocker along with other capture items i.e. armband,flag and his Eng. unit flag along with some documents reflecting the capture of the flatware.
    The flatware is marked by both "Zwilling" and "Kayser", I contacted Zwillingwerk in Solingen, Germany and the Historical section advised that they made the hardwear i.e. blades and that Kayser who is no longer in business, made the handles etc.
    The zwilling Historian also indicated that the initials A.H. were applied in various forms and even directed me to Synders Treasure's site which reflects various applications. The Historian also indicated that there are many variations still not noted of the A.H. initial applications. As their old files are not computerized it would take a long time to sift through all the paper files but did indicate that they would supply me with any additional info as they found it.
    Have enclosed pictures of the flatware along with a newspaper clipping reflecting Hitlers launch the "Hansastadt Koln".

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.H. Flatware Set   A.H. Flatware Set  

A.H. Flatware Set   A.H. Flatware Set  

"He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A.H. Flatware Set
    P
    Many

Default re: A.H. Flatware Set

Horst the maker of the blade is J.A. HENKELS Solingen

Very nice set! First time I see this pattern of Hitler silverware.
    Attached Images Attached Images A.H. Flatware Set 

?

Pierre, Glad you like it - Yes, I know J.A. Henkels. Zwillingswerk, Solingen. thats why I called it Zwilling.
    Regards
    Horst

Horst , Kayser is another firm ? I never see before this maker and this name.
    Why two maker in the flatware? Do you have idea why?

?

Pierre - as I stated above Zwillingwerk/Henkel advised me that at the time of manufactor Henkel made the Blades and Kayser the handles etc therefore both makers on the blades. Kayser is no longer in business.
    Horst

?

Default Re: A.H. Flatware Set

Phil - so true and so sad but in my case I have a son in law who is crazy about it and two young grandsons who just love to go into Opa,s secret room so I beleive that my collection is sure to wind up in the next generation I would say that you need to start working on the generation gap

Horst

Awesome stuff Horst , i love the history behind this , did you get the other bits cheers Raymond

?

Raymond - Thanks, Did get a few of the things but not all,armband & flag.

Horst

?

Neat set! Kayser made high quality metal art objects from prior to WWI, so their name on the piece makes sense. Interestingly, with the monogram "A" overlapping the "H", it would actually read "HA" rather than "AH", but obviously that didn't matter to the Führer.
    Erich

wow i am drooling here horst nice find with evan nicer history