Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hakenkreuz

Article about: Hi guys, Could this be from the TR era? Never saw something like this. The owner says it's made of wood; 55 cm in diameter. What do you think? Thank you all!

Default Hakenkreuz

Hi guys,

Could this be from the TR era? Never saw something like this.

The owner says it's made of wood; 55 cm in diameter.

What do you think?

Thank you all!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hakenkreuz   Hakenkreuz  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hakenkreuz
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hakenkreuz

Thanx for your opinion.

?

we had the USMC and the NAVY emblem, I still have the Civil War Eagle & flags, the new NC mach. makes great wood carvings .. EXCELLENT & looks like old hand carved

What is your definition of cheap enough?.

Cheap to me on this would be several hundred I guess. Its a good looking piece but I believe it is postwar. So I would buy it if the price was right as it is attractive, but would not step up to get it.

Best,

Kris Lindblom

pjm
    ?

Looks nicely carved and older to me but based on a photo it's tough to tell. Lots of patriotic items were made by trade schools or shops or individuals along the way...it could be a piece made by a master wood carver for a local NSDAP office wall decoration, as a presentation, etc etc... Often RAD workshops turned out items for souvenirs of service (carved RAD shovel emblems, sculptures of RAD men, etc) so the possibilities are endless.

The back appears to have marks where a hanging device was and possibly a rectagular label.

I would think such kind of carving would be made of oak not of pine....??!!

Thanx for your shared opinion, pjm.

That's also my theory. The seller has many ww2 items and all other kind of antiquities. He lives in a former German town from Transilvanya, and most of his stuff, he takes from old former German towns.

Is it worth it 150 Euros?

pjm
    ?

Siebenbuergen has a variety of woods so whatever is local is a possibility. A soft wood is lighter and easier to work and logical for a piece of this dimension.

If I saw this at a militaria show I would imagine it being priced in the US $200-250 range. 150 Euro is roughly in that range.

I just couldn't resist it...

Now I will have to struggle with the possibility that this ain't from that era.

But, hey, it's got a lot of potential, a lot!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hakenkreuz   Hakenkreuz  

Hakenkreuz  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast