Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Heeres-Personalamt silver dish

Article about: We have a 10" round silver dish (approx 1" deep) with the words" Heeres-Personalamt" engraved in the inside center of the dish. Below those words are engraved these dates

Michael R
    ?

Default Heeres-Personalamt silver dish

We have a 10" round silver dish (approx 1" deep) with the words" Heeres-Personalamt" engraved in the inside center of the dish. Below those words are engraved these dates "1.5.38 - 15.1.45"
    On the bottom side of the dish are engraved: a very small crescent/half moon followed by a very small crown, followed by the numbers 850S, followed by what looks to be a very tiny lion.

Any ideas on what this dish was intended for, who used it, etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It appears like it might be some sort of award for someone in the records section of the Wermacht Army Staff, but I'm probably wrong about that.
    If helpful, I could upload a picture at a later date.

Thanks
    Mike

2. # ADS

Default Re: Heeres-Personalamt silver dish

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!

The dish sounds like it was a presentation peice to someone who served in the Army Personel Office during that period. Maybe a retirement or leaving gift.

The other markings are the hallmarks.

Cheers, Ade.

Michael R
    ?

Thanks Ade. I think you are spot on with your assessment - this was my opinion also - at least from the little I could find on the internet.
    My wife says someone in her family brought it home from the war and we were just curious as to it's origins. Curious that in light of what was happening to the German war effort around January 1945 that someone would have taken the time to present any type of "service" award.
    Of course this is pure speculation, but I find it very amusing that someone might have been ordered to put aside their pencil and grab a rifle and this was a going-away gift from the staff at headquarters.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

Hi Mike, if you have chance please post a photo as I, and I am sure others, would love to see it.

I know where you are coming from!

Cheers, Ade.

Michael R
    ?

Will do as soon as the wife has time. I'm not technically adept enough myself.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

Michael R
    ?

Here is a picture of the plate/dish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heeres-Personalamt silver dish  

Hi Mike, thanks for the pic.

Nice patina to it.

Cheers, Ade.