Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help Desk Eagle Inquiry

Article about: Bonjour. This piece comes from my deceased ex wife's father. The story is that he was a (jeep) driver, in the Canadian forces, end of the war, European-German area. The eagle metal section i

?

Default Help Desk Eagle Inquiry

Bonjour.

This piece comes from my deceased ex wife's father.

The story is that he was a (jeep) driver, in the Canadian forces, end of the war, European-German area.

The eagle metal section is 16 mmn. Can't say about the kind of metal.

Could the knowledgeable members give us (my son and ex included) some info as to the historical context and value?

A close up of some markings under the tail will be further uploaded.
    Could not with this post.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Desk Eagle Inquiry   Help Desk Eagle Inquiry  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Desk Eagle Inquiry
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Sorry, we are not a free evaluation service.
    We are more than willing to help you to determine the authenticity of your item but, we do not give values here. We are a discussion forum.
    Someone with knowledge in this area will be along to help you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Bonjour

Sorry about the misunderstanding.
    What I had meant was the historical context and value not monetary value.
    My bad.

Hello welcome to the forum. In regards to the desk eagle I half to say unfortunately I think it to be postwar copy imo. It's "style" if you will is of the Nuremberg eagle. My main concerns are this being a desk eagle it would be a piece that would of obviously been easily seen and on display front and center, and therefore would of been highly detailed (fletching in the feathers, crispness in the feet and claws etc). Also it being a RZM licensed piece; it and the manufacturer would of been under rather strict quality control. The casting is rather crude and has a grainy looking surface to it, one area of note is the backside wing section where it meets with the neck see the difference in appearance from left side (clean) and right side (crude/globular). The markings are that of the manufactureres, they denote who the supposed producer was and it's governmental license to make such items. H.B is for H.H. van Beusekom-Gladbeck see photo and post #22 of the attached thread. Happy to hear other opinions on the piece and this will bump the thread to those who may have other insight to offer. Kindest regards.

Brian

Help Desk Eagle Inquiry

Left and right side of your eagle wing/neck intersection

Help Desk Eagle Inquiry

Table Decoration Eagle

?

A closeup of the markings from below the tail at the back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Desk Eagle Inquiry  

Hi 2old,

In my humble opinion, your bird is a nice original 'HB' in 'bronze' finish, a bit of damage to one of the claws but good details all round and nicely maker marked, congratulations.

?

Bonjour
    Thanks to all for the information.
    It is an interesting learning process for me.