Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help with porcelain plate Please

Article about: This item is way outside of my collecting but might be a nice item to add to a display. I came up empty on searches, most likely because I am not entering the correct search terms. Any infor

Default Help with porcelain plate Please

This item is way outside of my collecting but might be a nice item to add to a display. I came up empty on searches, most likely because I am not entering the correct search terms. Any information is appreciated. Is this a post war decoration? Thank you. Not in my possession, apologies for the poor pics.

JohnHelp with porcelain plate PleaseHelp with porcelain plate PleaseHelp with porcelain plate Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with porcelain plate Please
    P
    Many

Hey John. It s a Meissen plate. Which is a well known pottery firm. I cannot say if it is wartime authentic or not to a certainty, but I do rather like the quality of it. A very very nice item if determined real. I would imagine they would/could of produced such a piece during wartime as such things would of not been in high demand then (decorative pottery) so smaller pieces or runs could of been done on a singular piece basis. My guess is it's for an individual person perhaps a soldier KIA? The shields a family coat of arms, with persons initials, and regiment number? Just a guess. Good luck buddy.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Hey John. It s a Meissen plate. Which is a well known pottery firm. I cannot say if it is wartime authentic or not to a certainty, but I do rather like the quality of it. A very very nice item if determined real. I would imagine they would/could of produced such a piece during wartime as such things would of not been in high demand then so smaller pieces or runs could of been done on a singular piece basis. My guess is it's for an individual person perhaps a soldier KIA? The shields a family coat of arms, with persons initials? Just a guess. Good luck buddy.

Brian

A quick search revealed they are reproducing these, I hadn't seen any wall plates though but again didn't spend much time looking. Here's a supposed period example being offered on eBay at the moment. Very similar quality to your posted example. The reproduction pieces seem to use a heavier/darker glazing process and heavy on one Nazi symbolism just an observation.

Help with porcelain plate PleaseHelp with porcelain plate PleaseHelp with porcelain plate Please

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/German-ww2-Weh...MAAOSwagdXRgM8

?

Interesting..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with porcelain plate Please  
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with porcelain plate Please 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you Brian and Gwar. The item looks old but there are two German armbands in the auction that are very suspect IMHO. I do not know if they came from the same estate or not. I think I am going to try to obtain the plate as long as it does not go too high. It would be an inexpensive education.
    John

The plate sold for $90 + fees. I stopped at $60.
    John