Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hermann Göring Carinhall Hunting scene Bowl

Article about: This soup bowl is suspected of coming from Carinhall, Hermann Göring’s lodge in east Prussia. Large soup bowl, approx. 1 1/34" x 9 1/2" dia., featuring the crest Hermann Göring on

Default Hermann Göring Carinhall Hunting scene Bowl

This soup bowl is suspected of coming from Carinhall, Hermann Göring’s lodge in east Prussia. Large soup bowl, approx. 1 1/34" x 9 1/2" dia., featuring the crest Hermann Göring on the gilt-edged scalloped rim. The center of the bowl is decorated with a scene of a hunter observing a wildcat attacking a deer, titled "Der Heger" ("The Warden"). This piece is from a larger set of dinnerware that have numerous hunting scenes.

The service was by “KPM.” The Berlin porcelain was produced by the firm known as the King’s Royal Porcelain Manufacturer, Königliche Porzellan Manufaktur Berlin.

Would love to see if others have any of these pieces on here? Or if you have any additional information I would appreciate it.

Hermann Göring Carinhall Hunting scene BowlHermann Göring Carinhall Hunting scene BowlHermann Göring Carinhall Hunting scene BowlHermann Göring Carinhall Hunting scene BowlHermann Göring Carinhall Hunting scene BowlHermann Göring Carinhall Hunting scene Bowl

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Göring Carinhall Hunting scene Bowl
    P
    Many

I am not an authority on this sort of thing, but it looks good to me. K.P.M is the signature hallmark for the Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur in Berlin and the crest on the bowl is one that Hermann Göring used. The hunting motif, “Der Jäger,” is certainly appropriate to something that Herrmann would have liked, and the bowl shows signs of age. That it came from Carinhall is certainly a possibility, but Hermann also had a large apartment residence in Berlin. Given the quality of the workmanship and the over-all appearance, I think it is genuine. Dwight

Thank you Drmessimer. I appreciate the feedback. After researching a bit I was able to find this collection of similar dishes that were sold:

The Hermann G?ring Collection

I also see Mohawk Arms has two similar plates/bowls coming up in there next auction here in a couple of weeks.

Exotica |
    Mohawk Arms

Wharfrat57; That pretty well establishes that your bowl is genuine; they all certainly look alike. For the record, it is possible that your bowl was part of the china used at Göring’s apartment at Kaiserdam 34. Hitler spent the night of 29 January 1933 in the apartment, and on 30 January, Göring and the other top Party members waited there the for the outcome of Hitler's meeting with von Bismark. in 1985 my cousin Jörg Hoffmann had is office in that apartment and I had the opportunity to see it. It was very large. So whether the bowl came from Carinhall or Kaiserdam 34, it's a very nice artifact to have. Dwight