Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hermann Göring's Wedding Sword

Article about: Hi guys... I just found the following info about the sword that was presented by the German Luftwaffe to Hermann Göring Except daggers Casberg created the individual sketches of edged weapon

?

Default Hermann Göring's Wedding Sword

Hi guys...

I just found the following info about the sword that was presented by the German Luftwaffe to Hermann Göring

Except daggers Casberg created the individual sketches of edged weapon. In 1935 his sketch was used by the firm C.Eickhorn to produce a present for Hermann Göring - the Wedding Sword. Casberg managed to embody in this sword a lot of symbols important for Göring. This sword was custom made and presented to the groom on occasion of his second marriage. The crossguard features the Luftwaffe insignia, the stylized pommel features the order Pour Le Mérite which Göring was awarded during the First World War time. The sword was richly encrusted with germs and gold-plated elements. The scabbards were covered with light-blue sharkskin imitating the color of the Luftwaffe parade uniform.

Are there any known facts about his whereabouts?

harti

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Göring's Wedding Sword
    P
    Many

When you say "his whereabouts" do you mean Haas or the Wedding sword?

Haas is long dead.

The Wedding sword has been in the collection of an advanced European collection since the early 1980's. Prior to the present owner, who I will not name, the Wedding sword was in the famous collection of the late Dr Julian Milestone for several years.

Attached is a picture of a smiling Dr M the day he took possesion of the famous sword back in the early '70's. I have another snap shot of a sadder day for Dr M, when he parted with the sword, but it I will not post to protect the i/d of the present owner.

The stuff of dreams.............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Göring's Wedding Sword  

?

Hi Gastvrijheid,

sorry for my bad english. Of cause I mean the whereabouts of the sword.

Thanks for your info about the wedding sword. Great to hear that the sword was'nt lost in the last days of the war...

harti

?

A little more history - the wedding sword was hidden in a cave near the Konigsee in Berchtegarden Germany along with other Goring treasures - the cave called Aladdins cave was disovered by the US forces in May 1945 and was cleared out by the 1269th Engineer Combat Battalion. A Platoon Sergeant Bob Thibodaux took the sword as his War trophy and sent it back to the USA from there collector LTC Atwood purchased it and then it went to a Mr Canady and from there it changed hands as noted above. Now you have the full story.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

I guess it is now in the Wolfe/Hardin.

?

Thanks Horst for giving some more details

harti

Quote by chen View Post
    I guess it is now in the Wolfe/Hardin.
    They never have had nor do have the wedding sword. Many years back they did have the original "wearing" copy of the wedding sword, a lighter weight weapon crafted for Goering around an historic blade said to be from the Napoleonic period (not damas).

Amazing collection that the late Dr Milestone had. Much of it was dispersed after his passing ...alot of his great edged weapons passed through the hands of Tom Wittman. I'm fortunate to own a near mint early SA from the Dr.

Thankyou Gast for that information on the whereabouts of the sword and its history.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Glad to hear that you were one of the fortunate few who gained a weapon from Dr M's great collection. I was lucky enough to secure several items. Attached are pictures of my main prize from Dr M's collection, a late model SA High Leader's Honour dagger untouched with all original finishes and original leather present. Dr Julian Milestone was an astute and discerning student of our hobby, he only took the best for his personal collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hermann Göring's Wedding Sword   Hermann Göring's Wedding Sword  

?

Hi Harti,

I strongly recommend you the book from Thomas M. Johnson German Daggers of WWII part 4.
    It is all in the book.

Regards,
    Wim.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast