Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hermann Goerring Print

Article about: Hey guys, im looking for info on this print i picked up over the weekend. I picked it up from estate of a US vet among other things. Its an original print from a drawing of Hermann Goering d

Default Hermann Goerring Print

Hey guys, im looking for info on this print i picked up over the weekend. I picked it up from estate of a US vet among other things. Its an original print from a drawing of Hermann Goering done by Karl Bauer. Is there any value to it? Im not much into German items, i try to stick with American, or im afraid my collection will get out of control! Any info would be great! I also picked up what i think is a small flag.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hermann Goerring Print
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Hermann Goerring Print

Take a magnifying glass and look closely at the image. If it has little dots making up the picture it is a photo print of the period which has little if any art value.
    If the lines are continuous without pixels you will have either a lithograph or an intaligo print.
    An intaligo print will have the image indented into the paper around the edges . You can see and feel the edge indentation.
    On a stone lithograph the paper will be smooth.
    Now..... Is it signed in pencil or the signature just part of the print?
    If it is signed in pencil it is an artist signed print it has a value. If it is numbered or has letters AP in pencil it is a limited print. Higher value.
    Value if either type of art print would be $75 to $100.00 USD depending on whether it is pencil signed and numbered to a collector of WWII era art related German Items.
    Exteremly doubtful it would have a market in the regular art markets.
    Art Apreciation 101. (prints)
    Suprise you have been educated in art.
    The old art professor.