Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler 50th birthday celebration ornament?

Article about: I have NO idea what this is except it has Hitler's fiftieth birthday on it. Is this an original period piece? Bought at a flea market in Heidelberg eight years ago.

?

Default Hitler 50th birthday celebration ornament?

I have NO idea what this is except it has Hitler's fiftieth birthday on it. Is this an original period piece? Bought at a flea market in Heidelberg eight years ago.Hitler 50th birthday celebration ornament?Hitler 50th birthday celebration ornament?Hitler 50th birthday celebration ornament?Hitler 50th birthday celebration ornament?Hitler 50th birthday celebration ornament?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler 50th birthday celebration ornament?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler 50th birthday celebration ornament?

It appears to be period made. Hitler's 50th birthday was widely celebrated in Germany. There was a famous review for him of various military units. I am sure that this is one of many different commercial products made to commemorate the event.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree, it looks like a nice period piece.

?

I agree with Bob. As stated, many various items were produced to celebrate the Fuhrer's big day.

Famously, Martin Bormann presented Hitler with the Eagle's Nest, the tea house on Mt.Kehlstein near the beautiful town of Berchtesgaden (Kehlsteinhaus). Hitler, who was never comfortable with heights (the house is located at an altitude of 1834m), wasn't overly impressed, and upon visiting the house for the first time, actually told him "Bormann, you certainly know how to waste money..."

The celebrations also included the largest military parade that was held during the Third Reich period. Up to 50,000 personnel paraded for over five hours in an extraordinary display. Hitler, who very rarely drank alcohol, due partly to his digestive problems, was also presented with a special beer brewed by one of the Munich breweries, that had a very low alcoholic content.

The day was also made a national state holiday in Nazi Germany.

Regards,

Carl

?

Oops. Forgot to thank you all for commenting on this piece. Thanks for your input. Strangely, I have already received bids to buy it from people on this forum. No sale!