Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler bust plaques

Article about: Hi guys, I am looking at the following two items to purchase. I know squat about these, would appreciate any help. Thanks. Annoyed from this ads?   The silvery one has 2650 on the back.

?

Default Hitler bust plaques

Hi guys, I am looking at the following two items to purchase. I know squat about these, would appreciate any help. Thanks.

The silvery one has 2650 on the back.

Hitler bust plaquesHitler bust plaques

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler bust plaques
    P
    Many

?

I do not think they are good.
    They show Hitler aged with jowls and a double chin.
    I do not think that would have been accepted for der Fuhrer.

It is impossible to say by only seeing an internet image, but I believe these are more likely than not, original. In the early years AH did not have a copyright on his likeness, hence many, many reliefs were made and a lot of them were not exactly flattering. These really are quite good though IMO.

Regards,

Marcus

Their both original's.

?

Also like them -as noted above there were a number of makers and a number of variations relative to the AH profiles-
    Heres a couple of my period profiles:

Horst

Hitler bust plaques
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Hi Visor. nothing wrong with these !! Here is some pics of one I got ! Still got it`s Label. Sorry about the bad pics. ( phone is crap !! ) SF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler bust plaques   Hitler bust plaques  

?

Great examples guys. Thank you kindly.

This is one from my collection. I like it because I believe that it is probably an early piece, judging Adolf's hair style, and his uniform, I would guess 1931-1934. After 1934, AH almost always wore his hair down across his forehead.

The relief is very raised, and quite heavy at 10 lbs., and measures 10 7/8" X 15 7/8". It features a short armed, canted swastika with a cluster of oakleafs on each side.

I have no idea who the artist was and if I had to guess, I would say that it was likely made in Bavaria, S. Germany. I've never encountered another one, though I did see one made in the same dimensions and style of Horst Wessel.

Sorry about the poor quality fotos.

Marcus

Hitler bust plaquesHitler bust plaques