Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler oil painting by Weidlich Kunz?

Article about: I have found an oil painting of hitler painted by Weidlich Kunz. In looking up his name I find that the died in 1940 and cant find any info as to wheather he actually did a portrait of Hitle

Default Hitler oil painting by Weidlich Kunz?

I have found an oil painting of hitler painted by Weidlich Kunz. In looking up his name I find that the died in 1940 and cant find any info as to wheather he actually did a portrait of Hitler. Does anyone know anything about this artist and wheather he painted Hitler or not?

Im pretty sure this is authentic, It appears cut out of a frame. I found it tucked way in back of a closet, in a house we are the third generation to live in.

Our great uncle was an officer in the 70th Ordinance group. He was also a bronze star receipient from battle of the bulge (which is verifyed by the paperwork and star I have here at the house).

I do believe that this painting was brought back by him, tucked away and forgotten.

Sorry about being a little long winded, just thought it might help a little if there was some history.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler oil painting by Weidlich Kunz?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler oil painting by Weidlich Kunz?

Not sure on the artist but post a pic of it someone may be able to help you. Front and back would be best and welcome to the forum.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hitler oil painting by Weidlich Kunz?Hitler oil painting by Weidlich Kunz?Hitler oil painting by Weidlich Kunz?Hitler oil painting by Weidlich Kunz?Hitler oil painting by Weidlich Kunz?

Here are the pics from the painting

front, back, artist signiture, and a close up.

?

From the images shown, it certainly shows the Fuhrer before the latter part of the war. So, it could correspond with the time frame that the artist was alive and possibly still working. I hope that somebody can come along and help you with this, it could be a very interesting piece of work.

Regards,

Carl

I'll have a go.....

Kunz Weidlich was not only a painter but also an inventor of clockwork toys/automoton that made him very successful in the pre WW2 period.

However, the Nazi rise to power sounded the death knell for several famous names in the industry, including the Bing Spielwarenfabrik toy factory in Nuremberg, which specialized in metal toys.

In 1907 Bing employed 6,000 people and was hailed the world's largest manufacturer of toys. The artist-inventor Kunz Weidlich played an enormous part in that success, after he began designing traditional, fully jointed bears for the firm.

Their Clockwork bears moved their heads from side to side, while others walked, skied or skated along when their mechanisms were wound up.

Such inventiveness helped the firm to flourish in the years after World War I, but when Hitler came to power it was clear the company's days were numbered. The Bing family were Jewish.

In the early 1930s the factory's contents had to be auctioned off and the firm closed. One wonders what factors occured after that, that led to Weidlich painting the Fuhrer (he obviously wasn't Jewish!).

Most of his paintings are of a military bent, whether knights of old or Uhlan cavalry, and sell in the low thousand Euro's. Weidlich died in 1940 aged 62.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 09-25-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Fatfinger syndrome.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for your responses,

I was not very interested in this painting when I found it. Now Im getting curious with the back story on Weidlich (Great, I feel another project commming )

I love the look of this painting thanks for showing wish you luck on your quest.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Looks like a nice piece, cant say I have anything on the artist at the fingertips but nicely done. Interested if you move it and looks like it might need a little work but sound.

Best,

Kris

DerekPhelps
    ?

Wow, I just found one too. Was fixing a frame on a picture and it was tucked away between the painting and the backing. My father was stationed in Germany after the war. My mother was a hitler youth and met my father there. I believe my father bought it in Germany and brought it back with him with a bunch of other memrobelia. Are these things worth anything?

Attachment 418051

Kunz Weidlich did paint portraits of Hitler in the mid to late 30s.

I believe this one to be good. It's his style for sure. Signature is exactly as usually seen as well.

You can find some of his paintings of this subject listed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast