Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Plaque

Article about: Guys, I'm totally out of my element here. I came across this and was wonder if you could help identify and confirm if it is legit. Asking price is \\$200. It's around 6 inches across and in fa

MAP
    ?

Default Hitler Plaque

Guys,

I'm totally out of my element here. I came across this and was wonder if you could help identify and confirm if it is legit. Asking price is $200.

It's around 6 inches across and in fantastic shape.

Any and all comments welcome.

Michael

Hitler PlaqueHitler Plaque
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Plaque
    P
    Many

-- Fabulous detail. Looks to be an older likeness of Hitler. Do you know the material used? Did a search of the name reveal anything?

Not for $200...No way would I pay that much...What does the seller say that this is supposed to be? The Drentwetts were Prussian Court-Jewelers...Adolf looks awful "mature" in the image, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

?

I can't help with the plaque but when Michael first posted this I did use my Bing Fu for a C Drentwett. It got me a Christian Drentwett and some silver plater and other silver smith items made in Augsburg in the late 1700's. My Guberment computer won't let me seach the other links to see if this is a Family business and if they are still active.
    Not sure if that helps
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys. I passed on it yesterday. Not my thing but I thought I would post here just in case I was missing out on something.....

Dealer didn't know much about it. He's been buying out an old collection and this was one of the items.

Phil.....I know the feeling. I work at a bank and almost everything to do with this hobby is blocked.....

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

original,yes but not at that price.

Adolf is looking real tired there, for sure. Also, looks like the obverse has been cleaned in a very abrasive manner. Tiny too, not worth $200 by a long shot... I'd rather get one of the more common cased plaques for that kind of money. There's a lot of variety out there and $200 will give you a good one if you keep at it

Personally speaking, I'm not thoroughly convinced...I do not like the prominent "bags" under Adolf's eyes...
    Glenn

With all the variety of plaques out there I'll only say that I too agree that this profile portrait is a very harsh depiction of AH... the old man double chin is also unusually prominent.

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys. As noted, I passed on it but glad to hear that I made a wise choice......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast