Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Hitler Plaques

Article about: I have a small collection of Hitler plaques, and would like to add to them. I came across this example, and am wondering if anyone can tell me whether it is a period piece. Thanks.

Default Hitler Plaques

I have a small collection of Hitler plaques, and would like to add to them. I came across this example, and am wondering if anyone can tell me whether it is a period piece.

One of my concerns, even if it is period, is that it looks like a lousy representation of AH, in my opinion. Is it worth a couple hundred bucks? Don't know. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Plaques   Hitler Plaques  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Plaques
    P
    Many

i saw the same one and passe on it, it just looked abit too goofy. i would be shocked if it was period. but then again who knows. i wonder what the marking is ?

?

Here's it's brother. From WWII german Military Collectibles Price Guide - MilitaryItems.com
    Hitler PlaquesHitler Plaques

And another. Same AL on the front (I assume the artist?).Hitler Plaques
    Hitler PlaquesHitler Plaques

Description on another of the same:
    ORDERS AND DECORATIONS
    GERMANY

GERMANY. Bronze Plated Cast Iron Adolf Hitler Plaque, ND.
    123 x 158 mm; Colbert Hyder-unlisted. High relief civilian bust left, name in 2 lines below. Artist's monogram, AL at lower right; Reverse: In addition to an incuse image of the obverse, has a GW monogram, the number 4 and a recess for hanging.EXTREMELY FINE.
    Cheers,
    Al

Hello IMO none of the examples shown are period originals. They lack overall quality and detail, not only the likeness, but the lettering, and are also crudely cast. I'm certain there were unauthorized images of AH produced in period, but no foundry or artist would place their name or mark to them I'd think. Bear in mind Hitler was the first person to trademark his image, and was a man who had his own personal photographer Hoffman, to control what was worthy of release to the press for print, and or for production of propaganda materials, stamps etc. To produce an item bearing his likeness without authorization would not be received well I d suspect. Compare to the examples seen in this thread.Best regards.

Brian

Adolf Hitler Wall Relief

Thanks, will pass on it.