Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Snuff Box, Tobacco Tin?

Article about: Newbie here. Found this in an antique shop. Does anyone know what this may be? Any help is appreciated. I have never seen anything like this and the price was right so I picked it up. Can fi

Default Hitler Youth Snuff Box, Tobacco Tin?

Newbie here. Found this in an antique shop. Does anyone know what this may be? Any help is appreciated. I have never seen anything like this and the price was right so I picked it up. Can find no kind of makers mark on this. Thanks you. Best regards, Marty (Heath, Ohio)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Snuff Box, Tobacco Tin?   Hitler Youth Snuff Box, Tobacco Tin?  

Hitler Youth Snuff Box, Tobacco Tin?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Snuff Box, Tobacco Tin?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Snuff Box, Tobacco Tin?

Welcome to the forum.
    It's a tinnie that has been attached to some item, meant to deceive, no doubt.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Snuff Box, Tobacco Tin?   Hitler Youth Snuff Box, Tobacco Tin?  

?

Welcome to the forum Marty. I'm in agreement with Tom, an ordinary tobacco tin with an 'addition'. I expect underneath the HJ badge there will be a cartouche for the initials of the owner.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thank you for reply. Yes I've seen the tinnie before. It kinda fit in with the art deco on the box very well so wasn't sure if it was added or made that way. Not sure if it was some kind of trench art or something like that. The size is about 4"x3"x1"

Although the HJ badge matches the wear of the box IMO, I still highly doubt this was done in the tr period. As well as, if I were to purchase this item, I'd always question if it was post war constructed, which would drive me insane. Never having the ability to prove it either way is a horrible situation to be in, trust me.

?

It might have been done by a veteran who picked up the badge and decided it would look good on a tobacco tin. It might also have been done by someone wanting to make a mundane item more saleable, the trouble is, we'll never know.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have to agree also as Hitler Himmler and Walther Darre were into more blood and soil,, and purity of the German mind then to accept an item like this that would pollute the body. Although the soldiers and High up officers did smoke and whatever else..but I cant see this being manufactured and go against the Aryan doctrine. JMO. neat item. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill