Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler's Handkerchief from the Berghof

Article about: Hello everyone, I just received a piece from The Gettysburg Museum of History, Hitler's handkerchief found in the Berghof tunnels by Sgt. Russell Dysert who served in the 441st Antiaircraft

Post Hitler's Handkerchief from the Berghof

Hello everyone,

I just received a piece from The Gettysburg Museum of History, Hitler's handkerchief found in the Berghof tunnels by Sgt. Russell Dysert who served in the 441st Antiaircraft Artillery Battalion attached to the 3rd Infantry Division. He used Hitler's handkerchief to ship AH silverware back home. Thought you guys might want to see it:

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler's Handkerchief from the Berghof   Hitler's Handkerchief from the Berghof  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler's Handkerchief from the Berghof
    P
    Many

This is a neat item to be found no doubt...but to put a little more into perspective..there were many people in those tunnels in Obersalzburg before the allies arrived.

Was it made for Hitler.... yes I can believe that ..was it personally carried by him? ...no proof of that ..as is countless silver wear that was also found there ..proving if he exactly used every single utensil.

I believe that these items were found there...personally carried and used ...there is no supporting proof.
    I also believe that Sgt. Dysert was one of the first to arrive in Hitlers retreat.

Becareful of COAs stating personally owned when such items were not singular for one person..but many produced for one or many of his entourage.

50/50 chance of this " personally " belonging to Hitler....should have been stated on the COA.
    Im sorry to pour cold water on this find ...but I want to be realistic that more fact than just being found in a tunnel needs to be seen.

Anything found in , at and around the Berghof is a find in itself .
    Its still a been there artifact

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I've been looking at their website here recently. They have some great stuff, but I was wondering about their prices. Saw these napkins and the ones from Eva as well. Too bad they don't have the initials on them. Still neat pieces.

Neat item, but to put things in perspective, AH owned hundreds of personal things, perhaps even thousands. Did he use them is a different story. Still, a nice item to have especially in a historical context.

Mil