Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!

Article about: Hi folks, could get this bird, is it a good one ? what a price is realistic ? Thank you very much.

Default Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!

Hi folks,

could get this bird, is it a good one ? what a price is realistic ?

Thank you very much.Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!
    P
    Many

tomromsen: Welcome to the Forum! I'm no expert on these eagles but from the pictures provided I do not see any problems. What is the asking price?

Luke

Thank you, could get it in way of exchange about 900 Euros.

900 Euros($1,200) isn't a bad price. I usually see them between $1,200-$2,000. Hold on and hopefully you'll get a few more replies.

Luke

Hi tomronsen,

I don't like this eagle very much at all. The lack of detailing on the rear of this one compared to genuine J&Z eagles, plus the fact that the mounting studs are in the wrong place as per originals would give me cause to pass and save $1200 until I see a one looker.

Here's two different real J&Z examples for comparison.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!   Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello Ned,

I think this difference is clearly ;-)

Thank you very much !

Tom

Ned: I think maybe I'll get my coat now. I am curious about that bottom post. If these fakes are cast from an original why is that stud in a different spot? Also, do you know if makers ever changed their stud patterns? I dug through what little info I have on these and what I have doesn't show that bottom post! I did find that these were made in 24", 28", and 35". I think this one is around 27"?
    Thanks.

Luke
    Last edited by rogge16; 09-17-2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Spelling.

four different sizes for this maker, stud placement will vary.

Ned: Looking at the two examples that you posted I clearly see that J&Z eagles have more detail on the reverse than other makers.
    Thanks!

Luke

Here are the reverse sides of my three eagles. I'm blown away by the detail that the J&Z eagles have over other makers. Ned, thank you for showing those two examples.

Luke

Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!Hoheitsadler Reichsbahn for Lokomotive ?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast