Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial Stein

Article about: Pressed Glass stein with a well decorated lid in silver reflecting a Prussia Garde helmet & laurel leaves , engraved with the owners name and dated 1886.

?

Default Imperial Stein

Pressed Glass stein with a well decorated lid in silver reflecting a Prussia Garde helmet & laurel leaves , engraved with the owners name and dated 1886.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Stein   Imperial Stein  

Imperial Stein  
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Stein
    P
    Many

Default Re: Imperial Stein

Quote by Horst View Post
    dated 1886.
    This date was at the beginning of what was a called the 'golden age' of regimental steins which effectively ended with the outbreaK of hostilities in 1914.

Later Regimental steins are usually made of porcelain (white), pottery (tan/brown) or stoneware (blue/grey).

?

I take it that these early ones are harder to find than their porcelain/pottery conterparts???

Horst

Quote by Horst View Post
    I take it that these early ones are harder to find than their porcelain/pottery conterparts???

Horst
    The earlier dated steins are harder to find but are less desiriable than later dated examples. Much of the colorfullness, unit identification, unit details and other considerations are not present in the earliest examples.

The desiriability and value associated with collecting Imperial Regimental steins follows a collecting methodology that is NOT akin to other collectiables; older and 'rarer' does not necessarially translate to greater 'value'.

?

Thanks - really was interested in the rarety rather than value - One sees alot more of the colorfull steins than these early ones - like this one very much based on its age ,lid design etc.

Horst

Beauitful workmanship on the silver , realy nice piece , cheers Raymond

?

Raymond - I see you like the finer things in the hobby also - have a great New Year -

regards
    Horst

Horst my friend , yes i do like the finer things involved with our hobby , as you well know there is some stunning 3rd riech items out there , many in your amazeing collection .The craftmanship in many of these things is now very rearly seen in our world today , lost for ever , at least guys like us that apprecate these treasures can go some way to preserveing them for future generations to marvel over , you have a great new year to mate , cheers Raymond

?

Heres another Glass Stein round in form with a silver lid reflecting an M16 Helmet no dedications but the lid does have maker marks.

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Stein   Imperial Stein  

Horst, bringing this one back up.. love these glass steins! I think in some cases the fanciest versions of these were typically bought by officers and the porcelain colorful versions by enlisted.. oh, by the way the Prussian Garde piece is not simple molded glass as it is cut glass with all the flat sides and star on the base being hand cut! Beautiful! Best, Kevin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast